Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My New Wheeler Project.....Butters.......... **updated pics**

one eye

Looks like they worked out ok. Did they give you any troubles putting them in?

Looks pretty level.

I had the 27's on the front there so its sitting a little raked, I just put the 30's on and its a little off but thats ok, I had to grind off a little on that strut right on the bottom side, it was rubbing on the CV Axle pretty good.

Jeff

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Should be "sturdy". I'm gonna go cut some steel. I'll talk to you Wednesday. It should be mobile by then right? We can drive it up the stairs at the court house... :lol:

Right up to the front doors...........................:grin:

Jeff

Looks good Jeff

when will it see its first Walker trip ?

also you will be bracin them blocks?

should be a good summer of wheelin ahead of us , I still need to swap out an engine

All the blocks are getting linked together, dont want them folding over, that would suck, should be ready in about a week. Looks like this summer is going to be jammed with big Subaru wheeling!!!!

Jeff

Just about there, Woody got the shift linkage, and steering shaft welded for me, Rick and I got the motor in, and running for a few seconds, then it died, I think its the Disty, but it will be on the road tomOrrow!!!

Jeff

Things are lookin done, all but a couple of things but, I cna drive it now...

runs good with and EA81 in it, and all the gears shift good, Oh and its tall.:grin: It sits even with my Brother-in-laws 96 yokon on 20's:eek:, any ways Dan (86GLSUB) and I went over to the parking lot next to my house and got some pics....................... Here is Butters..............................

I have to first off thank Woody for all of his help with the welding, Will for the struts in the rear, Rick, Yohn, Dan, Richard, and Bill the Beast for the front struts, Just had to give credit to everyone that put a hand in helping make it happen!!!

IMG_3919.jpg?t=1268610987

IMG_3925.jpg?t=1268611126

IMG_3928.jpg?t=1268611145

IMG_3929.jpg?t=1268611166

IMG_3930.jpg?t=1268611182

IMG_3932.jpg?t=1268611200

IMG_3933.jpg?t=1268611216

IMG_3934.jpg?t=1268611232

IMG_3926.jpg?t=1268611274

It still needs a skid plate, bumper, Sliders on the rear front blocks, and some misc. things but over all its mobile............:banana::banana::banana::grin::grin::grin::banana::banana::grin::banana::banana:

Jeff

:slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber:

That hood scoop looks great, and should at least help with cooling. I likes the rear diff hanger too...looks beef. How is the front of it supported, if at all? I can't even tell for sure if you've trimmed the fenders yet, but if not, it doesn't look like it needs much! :lol:

~E

:slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

That hood scoop looks great, and should at least help with cooling. I likes the rear diff hanger too...looks beef. How is the front of it supported, if at all? I can't even tell for sure if you've trimmed the fenders yet, but if not, it doesn't look like it needs much! :lol:

~E

The front is all linked together, with pipe, the fenders have not been cut at all.............. just needs a little triming on the front fender well......

Jeff

That thing looks freakin sweet Jeff!!!:slobber: Great job! I think your sawsall is feeling left out though.:lol: To bad I don't live closer, I would,ve loved to help with this build. Can't wait to see it in person! Keep up the good work.

Jesse

Jeff

you still runnin 3 lug nuts per wheel on the new rig?

Hey we need to est a date for the next walker run, its been to long I need to get out , I can do a friday

Only one has 3 lug nuts on it. :)

As for a Wheelin trip I went back to work at Wilber Ellis, So I'm looking those long 80 hour weeks working 7 days a week again. I hate it, I'm looking hard for a new Job, So I'm out on a Wheelin trip for now unless its on a Sunday, after noon...................................:mad:

Jeff