Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Engine Install

So i'm installing a new engine this weekend or next, from CCR and i'm trying to figure out what things i'll need to get before i make the car undrivable. ie, if i don't have the part, i'll have to put the old engine in and make a trip to the parts store, so anything you can think of no matter how glaringly obvious let me know, and if its somthing for a little extra pep like 8mm plug wires i'm all ears.

My list so far

Exhaust bolts

coolant

8mm spark plug wires

Castrol 5w-30

FHI official oil filter

I'm sure that there are a ton of other things that i'm forgetting, like having to rewire my fuel pump because it won't be getting a signal from my disty anymore.

Good call on the fan belt, i am getting rid of the power steering so the old belt won't work, and the intake and exhaust gaskets thats a good call, as far as exhaust studs i have brand new studs, in good threads that are loctited in so i only need the nuts.

GL tranny? I don't know, I'll assume that's automatic...if not, never mind...

I don't know if other people do this, but I just put the ea82 back in my car and I took the opportunity to switch out the oil seal around the tranny output shaft. Really, the only reason I did it was cuz the guy I bought the car from said there was a slow tranny fluid leak but he didn't know where it was coming from. The seal cost like $10, but I figgered it was good insurance to put it in now while the engine was out instead of waiting to find out I need to do it after the engine is already back in. There is a cylindrical part on the back of the torque converter that must slip into the inner diameter of the seal when you reinstall...it was stubborn for me but it will eventually go and presto!