Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Guido gets a Buddy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

So finally Guido will get a break from daily life. Free to me 1995 ford taurus, my sisters old car. Needed lots of front end work. We replaced stabalizer bar links, and both struts. Ive never seen a bent or broken spring before but oh well. Really warm and cozy. Power everything im spoiled. The only thing i might do in the future is replace that miscolored bumper with one of the green ones i saw at wrench n go the other day. Only 35bucks for a fully color matching car schaaaa. So now what to do with Guido. Welllllll ill let ya know.

This is Luigi (my sister named this one)
http://www.ultimates...&pictureid=2087

#2 mudduck

mudduck

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Asheboro NC

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:50 PM

So now what to do with Guido. Welllllll ill let ya know.

This is Luigi (my sister named this one)
http://www.ultimates...&pictureid=2087

Hang on to the Wagon, and fix what needs fixin now that you got another set of wheels.

Free is a great price for a Taurus.

#3 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:21 AM

Thats the idea man. I tell ya honestly as big and comfy this newer car is. And how hot the heat is in this thing. Im really missin my soob. But the poor old guy needed a break. Ive got parts to put into the old boy ive been holding back on doing due to its daily use. Waiting on my 2 inch lift :grin: and working out a few other things. Get rid of guido, ill get rid of the newer car before i get rid of guido.

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:26 AM

Nothing wrong with a Ford - my family has had a few. That's not a bad car for the price and a bit of maintenance. I don't argue with free running/driving cars.

GD

#5 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:54 AM

Poor ford, from what i can tell it could probally use all 4 struts on the corners. Inner and outer tie rod ends and an alignment. The struts alone are 500 bucks :eek:

#6 hatchsub

hatchsub

Currently Subaru-less :(

• Members
  • 2,619 posts
  • Guilford

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

My experience with the taurus through friends and family is that it could possibly be one of the most boring cars ever made....but they really didnt have too many problems. Ive seen many with high miles still going strong. Good backup car id say. Just watch out for the trans going bad...if the fluid has not been changed recently or ever i would consider that on the list of to-dos.

#7 '84 Flat-Four

'84 Flat-Four

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:25 PM

Congrats! :banana:

Guido will appreciate the love its gonna get and reward you ten-fold!

#8 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:57 AM

My experience with the taurus through friends and family is that it could possibly be one of the most boring cars ever made....but they really didnt have too many problems. Ive seen many with high miles still going strong. Good backup car id say. Just watch out for the trans going bad...if the fluid has not been changed recently or ever i would consider that on the list of to-dos.

I find that 1st quote really funny as i was thinking that today. Walking past guido in the parking lot (again i get the wtf look). They are polar oposites of eachother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users