Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Went Ice Fishing in the Suby

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mugs

Mugs

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Spokane & Hobart, Wa.

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

Well like the title says. I sunk her good :eek: Long story short, I went out on a maiden voyage alone and close to dark. Everything was going well when I was heading back up to the gate of the ORV park when blam (because I had to be stupid and try the edge of the ice) She's stuck. I called a friend (USMB member) and while he was on his way I try working it back and forth. I actually manage to get it forward a bit more but then the engine died because the water fried the alt. He gets to the ORV park and says the gate is closed and we will have to leave tha car untill tommarrow. I walked my frozen and soaked butt up the trail and get in the truck. So there she sits from 4:30 thurs eve untill 8:00 am the next day. The engine completly submerged in water the whole night :confused: :mad: :eek:

Well we arrive the next day and spend about two hours trying to get her out. My friend was being as gentle as he could with his Dodge cummins and finally she came all the way out.

We towed her up to the parking lot, pulled the plugs, hand cranked her over and then charged the batt a bit. She started right up and smoothed out after a few minutes. I limped her over the his house, we changed out the alternator and I went the rest of the way home.

I then stipped the interior (carpest will be not going back in) then began to work on the engine. I drained the milky/frothy oil, put new in and ran an engine flush. Then drained and filled again with new oil and filter, and air filter and she runs good considering. I now have a bit of lifter noise but what do you want when she was red lined a bazillion times for about 45minutes.
As a result of pulling her out, now the passenger side tire is pushed back an inch. And I can see where it is bent on the frame where the lift block connects. It tracks ok, just takes off with a shudder now because that is the power side tire and it must be catching first or something :confused: If I slip the clutch a wee bit more it doesn't do it, so I am going to have to learn how to "take off again" I will try an pull her out a bit but I am not going to mess with it too much for fear fo pulling the blocks out of the frame.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mugs, 08 February 2010 - 10:32 PM.

#2 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,386 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

*** uckin *********************............:rolleyes:

#3 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

I hope you learned a valuable lesson.... :eek:

Or maybe you just need a taller lift :grin:

-Bill

#4 Mugs

Mugs

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Spokane & Hobart, Wa.

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:57 PM

I hope you learned a valuable lesson.... :eek:

Or maybe you just need a taller lift :grin:

-Bill

BOTH.....

Can you say straight axles....Or just mount the thing on a truck frame and go from there.

#5 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 8,912 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:25 PM

Snorkle FTW

#6 one eye

one eye

I'm A Subaholic

• Bronze Subscribers
  • 2,569 posts
  • Mt.Vernon Washington

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:49 PM

That sucks man, If you are still wanting those seats let me know...........

Jeff

#7 88Subi4x4

88Subi4x4

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Everett

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:53 PM

[IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/speedo12_2008/4535_83389767933_512882933_1974943_.jpg[/IMG] Welcome to my life :banana: after alot of drilled holes and the hose its clean again haha

#8 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,941 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:12 PM

Oh, man.. that sucks! It was so clean, too!

#9 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,386 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:43 PM

Oh, man.. that sucks! It was so clean, too!

you WOULD say something like that.....weak sauce...:)

#10 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,381 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

Interesting choice of lure.I wasnt aware that lifted subarus attracted fish...I may have to try that next time I go fishing..

#11 ivantruckman

ivantruckman

4 inch lift

• Members
  • 874 posts
  • caro, MI.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:28 PM

it sucks for sure , but those picks are awesome

#12 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,386 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

what sucks is, i had better ones.and my card got full, i forgot to save the ones i wanted , and erased them......bBOOOOOOOO:-\cheers, brian

it sucks for sure , but those picks are awesome

Edited by monstaru, 18 February 2010 - 12:24 AM.

#13 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,106 posts
  • WA

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:52 AM

Bigger tires help with flotation.
Some extra lift helps also :rolleyes:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users