Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

86 hatch back

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,285 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 09 February 2004 - 11:58 PM

Hi Everybody This is Jerry , as some of you know i traded 4 jack mans wheels for a 86 maroon hatch back. It had no motor or tranny. I had a 86 rx turbo 5 speed dual range tranny so that went in it. Then i found a 87xt for Dave and traded him for a good running EA81 hyd. motor and that went in it. Now i had CVaxles.com build me a set of axles. They fit like factory, all i can say with those 3,70 gears for the street holy cow that little hatch is like the energizer bunny it keeps going and going i don't know what top speed is but it is fast. I called CVAXLES.COM yesterday and odered 2 more of those axles for spares. the price was 105 each not bad for new axles. Now to finish the trail hatch. Thanks Jerry

#2 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,914 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:02 AM

Somebody get Jerry a digital camera! He puts together some of the most interesting setups.

Jerry did u get the diff lock and everything to work?

Shawn

#3 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,104 posts
  • WA

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:07 AM

Hmmm, looks like a trip to Moxee Motors might be in order for early spring.

#4 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,285 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:11 AM

Hi shawn This is Jerry, in 86 rx turbo 5 speed dual range tranny didn't have the diff lock. But i have an 87 and 88 rx turbo 5 speed dual range trannys and they bolth have the diff lock. Yeah i know somebody out there saying thats not fare, but 1 is for my new brat when i find it and the other 1 is for the 4.44 gears if i ever get them from Austraila. Brett Rogers where the hell are you i want my gears. Thanks Jerry

#5 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,081 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 10 February 2004 - 01:54 AM

Trip to Moxee motors is definitely in order soon! We should make it a day trip on one of the next few weekends. I gotta see your stuff in person Jerry, it's been a while.

#6 Meeky Moose

Meeky Moose

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:07 AM

hehe your hatch should fly.. drove mine from dc to baltimore the other day 80+ without any probs, thats with it being all stock.. the 4-speed lets the engine run at 3700 rpms at 80 mph.. hehe
and i got 32mpg doing it, lol..
:D

#7 bratsrus1

bratsrus1

Race car

• Members
  • 1,285 posts
  • Selah Washington

Posted 10 February 2004 - 11:36 PM

Hi Everybody This is Jerry, i drove my hatch again and all i can say is i don't worry about being pass on the freeway more. In town it is so high geared that i don't use 5th gear only on the freeway. This 5 speed is so e z to shift almost like nothing hook to the shifter. If anybody is thinking about the 5 speed swap don't think about it any more just do it, you will be amazed. Thanks Jerry

#8 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:39 AM

hmmm... cool! sounds like its time for Patti and I to make another visit sometime soon :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users