Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Snowpocalypse meet, Pine Barrens, Sunday 2/14/2010

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 '84 Flat-Four

'84 Flat-Four

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

I know it way too short of a notice but just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone's Sunday is open.
I'll be at the Atsion Ranger Station at 9:20 until 9:45 ish ready to go wheeling. If anyone can join me, great! If not, let's set up another day and time (I'll still be there this sunday).

Here's where this originated... http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=108688

Happy snow-wheeling to all! :headbang:

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,623 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:41 AM

I'm slipping into a big black hole mentally so I dont know if i can come. I do have a new camera mount I would like to play with.

We'll see tomorrow.

How well do you know the route?

nipper

#3 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:34 AM

You're right around the corner from the place! And we've never met yet? Or am I forgetting you?

Knowing you're so close I might change plans and go. I'll send a PM with my cel. phn # so please reply with yours ...and a name,'cause I can't recall which guy you are,sorry.

I'm counting on getting stuck - which usually I manage to avoid. I have at least one or two tow straps and AAA Plus account. :)

Let me check with the family when they wake up. Talk to you soon,
Paul

#4 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

Valentine's Day :lol::eek:

Good thing my wife is cool ... or so I hope. :) We generally don't give a rats tail about crap like that. Strictly commercial b/s

#5 '84 Flat-Four

'84 Flat-Four

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:08 AM

No we've never met. In fact this would be my first run at it. Name's Fred.

Nipper, no biggie. But it would be nice to meet up with you. If you can't make it this time, then maybe another time. No worries.

#6 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

Cute little vid

#7 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

Was trying to get a look at how much snow we can expect to find and it its iced over or ???

I sure hope you have good tires. Mine are OK but nothing too well fit for offroading on ice. Luckily there's sand underneath most everything down there. :)

#8 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:22 AM

Sent another PM. We'll see how I feel in a couple of hours. No call means I'm not going to make it.

If we go I'll be on the road by 7AM so we'll call you around 8AM or so for some lead time.

#9 '84 Flat-Four

'84 Flat-Four

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:15 AM

PM sent.

#10 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:06 AM

Good luck,sorry we won't be going but not enough help to feel comfortable - no offense -just that it's best to have at least 3 or more cars in conditions like this. Hang tough,stay dry.

#11 '84 Flat-Four

'84 Flat-Four

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, it was too precarious for my liking. Went out to recon the area. There were plenty of parked cars to indicate wheelers were out and about. i didn't feel confidant enough to venture in and seek them out. It was deep and icy... looked fun though.

Some other time maybe...

#12 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,623 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:46 AM

Thats what i was afraid of. We have enough "fun" with puddles of unknown depth when it is warm and dry. Getting around with everything white and without a decent gps that does trails would be at the very least a challange, and AAA may not come out there.

nipper

#13 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for the report. Exactly what I thought. None of us have a real lifted A/T vehicle. We like to think beyond reality :grin: but I'm thinking Subarufreak's lifted Legacy would cut it. Not too many others though. I guess this is where the PNW guys can actually get away with that line "If you can't beat us ...." :lol:

But I swear,once I get settled this year I'm going to build something 2.2 UP UP UP and give it some mudflippin tires that I can leave chunks of on the Jersey turnpike. :eek: Something to have fun with while my son is still hanging out with dad on weekends.

OK,so how about once we get a little meltage? Late March/early April?

#14 '84 Flat-Four

'84 Flat-Four

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • South Jersey

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:38 AM

We like to think beyond reality :grin:

Yup!

I was like...

:headbang: :clap: :eek: :-\ :(

Definitely good time-frame... March-April...

I'll stick to the unplowed parking lots for now... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users