Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

scuse me while i gloat over my new brat!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:48 AM

Last summer I was cruising around north spokane and saw a dark green brat in someone's driveway. there was a LOL (little old lady) outside so i stopped and chatted with her about it for a minute. she wasn't interested in selling it ... then ;)

Got off work early today, went up north to run an errand. Decided to drive by the brat just for the heck of it. Talked to the LOL, who remembered me, and Yes, she was going to be selling it soon!
I gave it a good look over. blotch of rust on the tailgate, no big deal. hood is mismatched due to a tree branch related accident a while ago. no big deal. No T tops.. I can live. low top shell over the bed in matching green, with factory rack on top of the shell. No rear seats... yet. and the killer:

THE BED IS COMPLETELY RUST FREE.

The only rust is that blotch of surface rust on the tailgate. The engine was "gone over" a couple years ago, and seems to run strong. new clutch, great brakes, everything works except the dome light when the doors open. ho-hum.

She said she wanted $1500 for it. I said OK. didn't try to dicker because I know it's a good price, and because i recalled talking to her about what it was worth last summer but not what numbers were involved :P

So she started talking about when, i said How About Today? Called the bank and my car insurance, made it happen, drove it for work tonight, love it!

and did i mention the BED IS RUST FREE?!?!?!

gloat gloat gloat gloat GLOAT! so there.

pics soon.

#2 Hocrest

Hocrest

Function becomes Fun

• Members
  • 1,346 posts
  • Cressona/Pittston

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:51 AM

Cool:D :D

We need some pictures...

But the big question, is there any rust in the bed??:)

#3 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,310 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:51 AM

SCORE!!!!!!!!!

#4 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,132 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:52 AM

My bed may have afew rust holes... ok ALOT of rust holes... but I have T tops :-p

#5 Subarutex

Subarutex

Oldschool Show Queen

• 2,539 posts
  • Mountlake Terrace

Posted 10 February 2004 - 12:54 AM

nice andy... its going to be nice to have a Brat daily driver, and a turbo wagon project car...

Envy++

#6 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 10 February 2004 - 01:03 AM

indeed!

oh, and it came with a couple cans of paint mixed to the paint code, for the hood. don't know if they're still good, but i'll probably just hook up on the hood at the JY. save the paint for the tailgate.

aaaaaaaaand last weekend at the JY I grabbed a 3rd eye and grille.. and it happens to be the same grille my brat has! it was meant to be :D

#7 skeet

skeet

Human

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Earth

Posted 10 February 2004 - 01:28 AM

I am submitting this to the UN to be considered as BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN EVER ANYWHERE EVER.

Effin score dude. Grats.

#8 edalexandr

edalexandr

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • cuba mo

Posted 10 February 2004 - 09:18 AM

boy he is happy, good deal and good luck:D

#9 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 10 February 2004 - 10:04 AM

GOOOAAALLLLL!!!!! How could you go wrong with a Brat? Even if there were rust in the bed?

#10 PHATBRAT

PHATBRAT

Subaru Lover

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  • Mt Holly, NJ

Posted 10 February 2004 - 02:15 PM

Awesome, Welcome to the NASBC (North American Subaru BRAT Club) (It's an idea I have been toying with for a while in my head. I was gonna get floormats embroidered with "NASBC" and what it stood for in small letters underneath. But I don't have the smarts for a website etc... and time/money is an issue for me so for now, I will just keep the name and idea)
Anyway, Sounds like a good deal. Like taking candy from a baby, or was it a BRAT from a LOL.

#11 dave valiant

dave valiant

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Rapid City

Posted 10 February 2004 - 10:52 PM

Please gloat away. A Brat is a terrible thing to waste and a wonderful thing to have. Love mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users