Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'94 Legacy SW: quirks or problems?

I've browsed and searched around here and haven't found answers to all my questions, so I figured I would just list them and see if y'all can help. I'm not sure which, if any, really need addressing or if it is worth the investment. Here goes:

1. none of the power windows work - they make noises and have come down a couple of inches but then don't want to go up again

2. rear passenger door won't lock - the lock is manual and physically can't be pushed into a lock position

3. front driver side speaker doesn't play music but does make lots of crackling sounds

4. dome light doesn't work

5. dashboard lights- air bag and seatbelt light up in red for the first few seconds the car is on, then go off. Until recently, the ABS light also lit up - I had to drive through a really deep puddle and the ABS light lit up yellow and hasn't lit up since

BTW - I bought the car a couple of months ago w/ 145k miles

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Buy a $2 trim removal tool and pull off the door panel to find out why the windows and door lock won't work.

If the spearker is in the door, check it out too.

Replace the dome bulb, turn the switch from always off, or check the door and dome switches.

Check owners manual to see what lights come on at start up. You may have a burnt out ABS bulb.

Good Luck