Jump to content


Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse
 

Photo
- - - - -

My AWD Does Not Work, Sort Of


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 Gloyale

Gloyale

    It's a sickness

  • Members
  • 9,523 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

I thought of this thread the other day after a new thing happened.

I got a customer car in that actually used to belong to me. Last year I tore apart the tailshaft of the trans and replaced the clutches, and the Duty solenoid. The car STILL exhibited some excessive torque bind after the repair, as well as sometimes codes.

It wasn't a total lock, just a little brake effect turning into parking spots. Si the customer lived with it, and I checked it over a few more times.

So this time when she brought it in, I thought hey......for S+G I'll put a different TCU in it.

IT WORKED......

So I put he old one back in to test.

IT WORKED NOW TOO:lol:

So it seems the problem the whole time was a bad connector for the TCU. After unhooking and reconnecting it must have made a better connection.....cause the car runs great.....no more TB or codes.



So maybe you should try disconnecting and reconnecting your TCU.

#27 U R A BUS

U R A BUS

    USMB Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • North East Southern NH

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

I'm bowing out of this one. KNowing very well how the 4eat works and the AWD if you wish to chase things down knock yourself out.


Goodluck.


Okay Nipper, Thanks for all the help. I really do appreceiate everyones time and ideas. That is how problems get solved, many minds working in many ways.

The AWD is still working. One thing I forgot to mention is that I did unplug and plug in big connector between the motor and tranny before the AWD started to work properly.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users