Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2000-2004 Legacy Outback ??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:13 PM

So does anyone know if you can fit 3 car seats in the back of 2nd gen outback?
I need it to fit one infant forward facing seat (middle) and two boosters on either side.

I am hoping that it will, I don't want to have to go Volvo route but they have 3rd row seats.

-R

#2 J A Blazer

J A Blazer

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • Fairfax, Virginia

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

I have a Gen 2 OBW and although I'm past the infant/child carrying stage, I don't know why it wouldn't meet your needs, although mine does not have the LATCH system which I understand facilitates such seats. Not sure when that became standard equiptment in Subarus.

Edited by J A Blazer, 27 February 2010 - 02:41 PM.
clarify

#3 Strakes

Strakes

Kaboom? Kaboom?

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Knoxville

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Yes with a big exception:
Not all brands of seats will go 3 across...even in a late model volvo wagon. (We've owned a couple of volvos.)

To go 3 across, we took the arm/handle thing off of the infant seat and 3 fit across. All were made by graco...without the frills like cupholders. Find the 3 slimmest seats and you'll be good. Measure your backseat area across and go buy the seats that'll fit that width. They'll think you nuts when you show up at the baby's r us with a tape measure though.

#4 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

Yes with a big exception:
Not all brands of seats will go 3 across...even in a late model volvo wagon. (We've owned a couple of volvos.)

To go 3 across, we took the arm/handle thing off of the infant seat and 3 fit across. All were made by graco...without the frills like cupholders. Find the 3 slimmest seats and you'll be good. Measure your backseat area across and go buy the seats that'll fit that width. They'll think you nuts when you show up at the baby's r us with a tape measure though.

Yea I was thinking Volvo because of 3rd row seat, I know they are not wider than a roo back seat. I won't change the baby seat, it is big but the safest made.

#5 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,257 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

Tribeca FTW

#6 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

Tribeca FTW

I would but they don't fit into my 0 depreciation roo methodology. I have never lost any $$ on any of my Subaru purchases. I buy them, fix them up, drive them for a couple of years then sell them for more than I initially purchased them for. But maybe a Tribeca in few years...... :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users