Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1987 rx 4x4

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sasquatcher

sasquatcher

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • portland

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:48 AM

Hey everyone i figured this would be the right section for this.. does anyone know how well this modol soobie does lifted let alone if anyoe has really lifted one before i might be picking one of this up but cant find out to much about if they even ca be lifted let aloe find a pic of one that is lifted any help is very much apprectaited!

#2 SoobieDoo

SoobieDoo

GL's...the luxury wheeler

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • ZigZag

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

I haven't seen one lifted, but I'm sure there are some. The departure/approach angles may not be as good as a wagon or hatch, but there are a few XT's lifted, which are prob worse. Some more info would be nice...LSD rear, DR tranny, turbo, etc?

#3 2.5_IMP

2.5_IMP

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • CP, MD

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

Ask this dude:
http://www.ultimates...56&postcount=21

#4 AWD TURBO!

AWD TURBO!

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • vancouver

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

i like the look of this one but i have a 2 door that i plan on lifting
[ATTACH]7419[/ATTACH]

#5 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

any of the lift kit examples you see on this forum will fi the rx, it is the same underpinnings as the other variants.

#6 sasquatcher

sasquatcher

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • portland

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:06 AM

thanks everyone for your help and as for more on the car i dont know yet i am waiting for the guy to email me back i do know that it is turboed and that is all that i know at this point!

#7 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

I can tell you that you stumbled upon one of the rarer subarus. happens all the time. Oh gee, i think i'll go get a subaru, and you happen to stumble upon 'sust some subaru' that anyone else would have a hard time finding:slobber:.

take care of the car and dont ruin it, dont do anything retarded with it. if you want an off roader or a ricer, i'm sure someone will trade!

give the car due respect. dont expect to go bolting on ebay turbos either, because it doesnt work like that with older models.

this car should teach you a thing or 2.....good luck with your find:)

Edited by MilesFox, 03 March 2010 - 12:09 PM.

#8 sasquatcher

sasquatcher

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • portland

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

thanks again everyone and if anyone wants this said subaru i have decided against it.. if you are i the portland area im sure its still there since the guy emailed me early this mornig!
http://portland.crai...1623666661.html
and what i was planning o dueing with it was a 4inch lift and keep it for daily driving and going camping! also this wont be my first subie just my first older subie! well thank you all again for all of your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users