Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gantry crane

7point62fmj

I have thought about it many times. If I did it I wouls want it moveable. Casters that would hold the weight of the crane and whatever I am lifting are expensive as hell. Thats what kept me from doing it.

I also want to build a rotiserire but have the same issue with the casters...

casters are easy.........

4 of these....on each side.or 6 even.

i have a buddy that made one..just like anything else.overbuild it.************, i made some out of wood about 2 years ago.

IMG_1630.jpg

you can see them holding up the body.two 1000 pound tree traps, and the cheapo pulley system.......

IMG_1610.jpg

those casters are cheapos from harbor freight......

i have lifted engine trans combos, hung all kinds of ************ from them.....crazy stout......i mean, when i have a real shop, i will build a metal one.as to actually put a gantry on....but , thses work well in my situation right now.

cheers, brian

more pics

• 3 weeks later...
casters are easy.........

4 of these....on each side.or 6 even.

i have a buddy that made one..just like anything else.overbuild it.************, i made some out of wood about 2 years ago.

IMG_1630.jpg

you can see them holding up the body.two 1000 pound tree traps, and the cheapo pulley system.......

IMG_1610.jpg

those casters are cheapos from harbor freight......

i have lifted engine trans combos, hung all kinds of ************ from them.....crazy stout......i mean, when i have a real shop, i will build a metal one.as to actually put a gantry on....but , thses work well in my situation right now.

cheers, brian

more pics

I am going to take a look at this when I am not at work with the filters blocking the pics.

Thanks