Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H6 air cleaner can I get a better one ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Neil

Neil

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Perth Australia

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:09 AM

looking for a better flowing air cleaner for my H6 can I get one that fits in the OEM air box .

#2 NikFu S.

NikFu S.

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Anchorage, AK

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:43 PM

you are talking about the Outback right? what exactly do you want it to do? the OEM filters are great but if you must change it, a K&N or Green filter could probably work, though you wont notice any difference.

#3 99obw

99obw

this space for rent

• Members
  • 1,595 posts
  • Ithaca area

Posted 11 February 2004 - 05:37 PM

The OEM paper filters do a great job of filtration at a reasonable cost. The high-flow aftermarket filters flow better, but may filter less effectively and may cause MAF problems if improperly used. The HP gains of a high flow filter are debatable.

It was brought up on another board that almost every single OEM in the world uses a paper air filter. That is significant IMHO.

#4 Neil

Neil

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Perth Australia

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:30 AM

I keep my $ in my pocket ,neil

#5 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus

• Members
  • 4,793 posts
  • Texas

Posted 12 February 2004 - 08:39 AM

check;

http://www.subaruout...ighlight=intake

http://www.subaruout...ighlight=intake

for an idea

As for the K&N - there is quite a bit of controversy over at www.bobistheoilguy.com about the amount of silicon in the oil of users of these type filters. Most folks claim at least some small improvement in HP. Caveat Emptor.

#6 applegump

applegump

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • CH

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:19 AM

There is definately an improvement especially in the upper rpm range. It also sounds better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users