Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Steve's AWESOME Brat

Splinter

Well I've been driving around on the justy brakes for a few days now and I can't feel a difference at all, they seem to be working great!

Hopefully I can get a handle sorted out soon.

I'll get a pic of the underside of the hitch when the rain clears up

• 1 month later...

736367_10151326391954609_1190684579_o.jpg

Moving to Vancouver BC in 2 days, got her all ready to go I think.

Decided to put cats in to make sure it passes smog, and she actually runs quite a bit smoother now. I think the twin 1 3/4" pipes were a bit too much. Needed a bit more restriction to keep exhaust velocity up.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I moved to Vancouver, BC at the beginning of the year, so I had to take the Brat through emissions testing.

I installed cats, and after discovering I had the wrong MAF I passed with flying colours, 0% CO and HC was 10x below the limit :D

The guy testing just stood at stared at the report for a minute before he handed it to me. I wasn't obliged to inform them that it had a swapped motor :P

• 2 years later...

Thanks! I had an incident camping in the summer which caused the destruction of my tailgate, so I started on a new one of those as well.

12250172_10153749202399609_6602250540380

But of course, now that winter is settling in I'm getting back to the problem which I should have dealt with in the summer but didn't. The car NEVER gets up to operating temp. Unless it's under massive load or idling for a long long time in hot weather. I have the radiator completely blocked off with aluminum sheet metal, but it still sits around 60C. Which makes the already feeble heater basically useless. Tried two OEM thermostats with no difference. Weirdest problem.

• 3 years later...