Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RC Offroad

ezapar

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... so I jumped on the bandwagon and got me one of these fancy RC crawlin Machines. :grin:

Picked up a used AX10 from my buddy. I dunno how impressed I am yet, i havent been able to really abuse it. My main complaint right now is the lack of turning radius... but i am sure that is because it has spools in the front & rear diffs.

That and the flex is kinda funny. The front has less flex than the rear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think this is going to be one of my new addictions! I've been youtubing for a couple days and ebaying too until I find the right deal. I think I'm gonna go with a Losi mini for me and a micro for the kid (me too) :brow:. It looks like fun, and I think I'll be better off with the smaller scale crawler because of the area it takes to play.

Any feedback?

• 2 weeks later...
I think this is going to be one of my new addictions! I've been youtubing for a couple days and ebaying too until I find the right deal. I think I'm gonna go with a Losi mini for me and a micro for the kid (me too) :brow:. It looks like fun, and I think I'll be better off with the smaller scale crawler because of the area it takes to play.

Any feedback?

good plan.go to RCCRAWLER.com?and you can find all of hte tips and tricks.there is a good FAQ.i love mine, and i bought the boy one for his birthday.:)

good stuff.

if i can quit burnin out motors i'll have more fun....

cheers,b

I bought a Losi Mini Crawler used off EBAY... Supposedly it's barely been used (less than a month), we'll see. Paid $170 total shipped and it's RTR, I'm looking forward to seeing it on the porch one afternoon. Not 100% sure what to mod first but I think it's going to be COG and a better battery. Maybe get the long wheelbase chassis plates and high clearance lower arms. I love shiny aluminum stuff, but this thing is supposed to be about function right? So most likely I'll upgrade as things break. I'll get some photos up someday.

I got a Losi Mini for my Daughter for X-Mas but she wont play with it, she wants to play with my AX-10 when we go out. So I play with the mini.

Its a great little crawler right out of the box, but best inside on the couch... has trouble outside on the rocks. The 1st modification you'll want to do is weigh the wheels and change the tires out for a softer/stickier tire.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I received the mini and its a blast! Also, I'm not a hardcore RC guy so it is fun. I'm already dumping Cash into it though. I HAD to have.... New chassis, shocks, metal lockers, 4 link, 1/10 servo and some other junk too. Now I can build it yay. I been snoopin around rccrawler forum and learning what to do to make it a little badboy. So far it is fun, I just happen to have a couple rockpiles at home that I made several years ago in my attempt to accomplish some hillbilly landscaping hehe...

Its been raining here non-stop for over a week :( I was thinking of pulling the crawler out and charging the batteries and getting some indoor crawlin done...

Also been thinking of going and picking up a bunch of rock to build a course in the backyard, but im not sure what the landlord would think of that... and i sold the Brat so nothing to get rocks with.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So. Me being me. I pawned the Wraith and the crawler and jumped off the deep end. I have to pawn a few more toys near and dear to me, but it will be just plain baddass when I'm done.

Yes indeed, I have started in on an XR10. :brow::headbang:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, to actually build and XR10 I would have to sell the farm. Literally 12 bills to get it to where I want it.

So I abandoned building one and bought one RTR.

GOOD GOD this thing kicks rump roast on my older one, makes my buddies pos AX10 look really lame. hehehehehe Just plain amazing stuff.

picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=3710

I tried all sorts of times to get the other two up this, they back flipped every time. This one just walks right up like nothing doing. It's SOOO much steeper than the pic shows.

picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=3714

picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=3711

picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=3713

Edited by Zap

• 1 month later...