Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

So. California EA82 Wheeler

• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

#251 garrettG

garrettG

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • mission viejo, California

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Ohh! I wanna join you in march!

I'm gonna need a lift;)

-Garrett

#252 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Messed with the car a little today. I got the 2001 heater controls mounted in the dash.

I am planning on putting 4wd hi and lo indicator lights just above the heater controls. However those are not priority right now.

Posted Image

#253 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • Moab

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

If you get out towards Durango, let me know.

Drop me a note if you come through Moab too, of coarse! ;)
:headbang:

#254 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Drop me a note if you come through Moab too, of coarse! ;)
:headbang:

Of course! But I think Utah and Colorado are a little much for the maiden voyage. We are just going to find a route from my house in Sage to Laughlin NV and maybe Mojave Road. Depending on what exactly we do the Mojave Road will take 2 days and we are going to be in Laughlin for 2 days or so.

#255 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Made some good progress lately. Its dark out so pics will have to wait til tomorrow.

-mounted guage cluster
-made super plenum/ducting for heater to heater vents in dash
-radiator mounting done
-a/c condensor mounting done

#256 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Placed order for some firewall boot/grommets, heater hose and a radiator cap. I also ordered some pre-bent 2.25'' u bends, 2.25'' straight tubing and 1.625'' for mods to the factory exhaust manifold. I will keep the factory cats but relocate them for a touch more clearance. Cat back will be 2.25'' :cool:

Edited by JacksonRally, 29 January 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#257 garrettG

garrettG

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • mission viejo, California

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

I can't wait to see this monster done! And I'm sure you will have an insaine amount of articulation for a subaru...:)

-garrett

#258 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • Moab

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Of course! But I think Utah and Colorado are a little much for the maiden voyage. We are just going to find a route from my house in Sage to Laughlin NV and maybe Mojave Road. Depending on what exactly we do the Mojave Road will take 2 days and we are going to be in Laughlin for 2 days or so.

word!

just sayin' ;)

keep in touch :headbang:
-mark-

#259 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Took some pictures today :clap:

First is the guage cluster. Its mounted and functional, later I will make some filler pieces to clean it up a bit but right now I just need it mounted.

Posted Image

Now onto the super vent plenum. I still need to connect a hose to the far right of the dash, but that vent does not even exist right now.

Posted Image

Here is the radiator

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lower condensor mount

Posted Image

Posted Image

Radiator and condensor together

Posted Image

And I made up some power steering lines today. I also re-O-ringed the power steering reservoir.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#260 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

i like your cv boot clamps

#261 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,435 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Damn nice work!

#262 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

i like your cv boot clamps

Safety wire is the only way to fly. I do that on all of my cars including the rally car. Its cheap, it works and always the right size.

#263 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Temps should be close to 70 today. Im hoping to paint the raw metal on the front of the car and assemble what I can.

#264 Subruise

Subruise

Official Party Pooper

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • pierce county

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Safety wire is the only way to fly. I do that on all of my cars including the rally car. Its cheap, it works and always the right size.

that is awesome. NO sarcasm...ima start doing that now, my tool is a worthless pos, and i have oodles of wire. thank you:grin:

#265 Haight

Haight

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Seaside, OR

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

safety wire is the only way to fly. I do that on all of my cars including the rally car. Its cheap, it works and always the right size.

+1

#266 1982gl4

1982gl4

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Worcester, VT

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

I love that cluster in there. Great work. Every time I see an update on this I start drooling.

#267 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

I love that cluster in there. Great work. Every time I see an update on this I start drooling.

Thank you. Its a ton of work. I cant wait to be up and running again.

#268 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Welp, I think everything under the hood is done :clap: Still not ready to fire because I have to make the exhaust. Other bottom side duties include oil pan skid plate and adapt my old aluminum skid to clear oil pan. I still have to tap the tie rods on the wrx rack for a few more threads. There are still a few other things to do but thats one of those lists that never ends.

#269 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Crap, forgot to mention the factory headlights no longer fit due to the larger a/c condensor.

Solution to come soon :cool:

#270 kanurys

kanurys

High Altitude GL

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Durango, CO

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Can't wait to see the headlight design. Maybe some shallow Hella 500 ff's?

I believe the speed sensor that works with your harness and plugs into the transmission where the cable used to go in will be putting out the wrong pulse frequency. Let me know and I can build a pulse matching circuit for it. I've already tested such a thing.

My next project will be a front end rebuild with many modifications like extended radius rods, slight camber modification, etc... a lot like the ones here http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=136259

#271 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Can't wait to see the headlight design. Maybe some shallow Hella 500 ff's?

I believe the speed sensor that works with your harness and plugs into the transmission where the cable used to go in will be putting out the wrong pulse frequency. Let me know and I can build a pulse matching circuit for it. I've already tested such a thing.

My next project will be a front end rebuild with many modifications like extended radius rods, slight camber modification, etc... a lot like the ones here http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=136259

Good guess on the Hella's, thats what I am going to run.

Now why would the speed sensor (still need one) be wrong? 01 harness, 01 sensor, 01 guage cluster

#272 JacksonRally

JacksonRally

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Sage, CA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

I was all ready to paint the new stuff the other day and realized I didnt have a hood latch any more. So I put off the paint a few hours and figured out how to mount the factory latch. It seems to work a little better than before :cool:

All painted

Posted Image

And a few shots of the engine bay. The intake (free) is temporary til I fashion it into a snorkel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#273 czny

czny

USMB is life!

• Silver Subscribers
  • 335 posts
  • Azusa, California

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Very nice hood latch, radiator & condenser mount setup you got there! What will you do for vitals protection? Expanded metal for the grill?
Or go for the 'Road Warrior' grill - many 1/4 x 1" horizontal steel flat stock bars on edge? ;) Just kidding of course.

#274 kanurys

kanurys

High Altitude GL

• Members
  • 689 posts
  • Durango, CO

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Its the right sender. I mean it won't show accurate speed because of the different final drive and the larger tires.

#275 rpholz

rpholz

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • Concord, NC

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Awesome work,

Curious as to why you pushed the firewall foward on the spare tire area tho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users