Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So. California EA82 Wheeler

JacksonRally

Drop me a note if you come through Moab too, of coarse! ;)

:headbang:

Of course! But I think Utah and Colorado are a little much for the maiden voyage. We are just going to find a route from my house in Sage to Laughlin NV and maybe Mojave Road. Depending on what exactly we do the Mojave Road will take 2 days and we are going to be in Laughlin for 2 days or so.

Placed order for some firewall boot/grommets, heater hose and a radiator cap. I also ordered some pre-bent 2.25'' u bends, 2.25'' straight tubing and 1.625'' for mods to the factory exhaust manifold. I will keep the factory cats but relocate them for a touch more clearance. Cat back will be 2.25'' :cool:

Edited by JacksonRally

Of course! But I think Utah and Colorado are a little much for the maiden voyage. We are just going to find a route from my house in Sage to Laughlin NV and maybe Mojave Road. Depending on what exactly we do the Mojave Road will take 2 days and we are going to be in Laughlin for 2 days or so.

word!

just sayin' ;)

keep in touch :headbang:

-mark-

Took some pictures today :clap:

First is the guage cluster. Its mounted and functional, later I will make some filler pieces to clean it up a bit but right now I just need it mounted.

uploadtophotobucket011_zps73fdfe20.jpg

Now onto the super vent plenum. I still need to connect a hose to the far right of the dash, but that vent does not even exist right now.

uploadtophotobucket010_zpseb51b2ef.jpg

Here is the radiator

uploadtophotobucket007_zps2da16471.jpg

uploadtophotobucket008_zps8c3f79de.jpg

Lower condensor mount

uploadtophotobucket009_zpsee0adbc6.jpg

uploadtophotobucket013_zps8fd63e4c.jpg

Radiator and condensor together

uploadtophotobucket014_zps9d5d2991.jpg

And I made up some power steering lines today. I also re-O-ringed the power steering reservoir.

uploadtophotobucket015_zps7576532e.jpg

uploadtophotobucket016_zps6f34bbee.jpg

Safety wire is the only way to fly. I do that on all of my cars including the rally car. Its cheap, it works and always the right size.

that is awesome. NO sarcasm...ima start doing that now, my tool is a worthless pos, and i have oodles of wire. thank you:grin:

Welp, I think everything under the hood is done :clap: Still not ready to fire because I have to make the exhaust. Other bottom side duties include oil pan skid plate and adapt my old aluminum skid to clear oil pan. I still have to tap the tie rods on the wrx rack for a few more threads. There are still a few other things to do but thats one of those lists that never ends.

Can't wait to see the headlight design. Maybe some shallow Hella 500 ff's?

I believe the speed sensor that works with your harness and plugs into the transmission where the cable used to go in will be putting out the wrong pulse frequency. Let me know and I can build a pulse matching circuit for it. I've already tested such a thing.

My next project will be a front end rebuild with many modifications like extended radius rods, slight camber modification, etc... a lot like the ones here http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=136259

Can't wait to see the headlight design. Maybe some shallow Hella 500 ff's?

I believe the speed sensor that works with your harness and plugs into the transmission where the cable used to go in will be putting out the wrong pulse frequency. Let me know and I can build a pulse matching circuit for it. I've already tested such a thing.

My next project will be a front end rebuild with many modifications like extended radius rods, slight camber modification, etc... a lot like the ones here http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=136259

Good guess on the Hella's, thats what I am going to run.

Now why would the speed sensor (still need one) be wrong? 01 harness, 01 sensor, 01 guage cluster

I was all ready to paint the new stuff the other day and realized I didnt have a hood latch any more. So I put off the paint a few hours and figured out how to mount the factory latch. It seems to work a little better than before :cool:

All painted

uploadtophotobucket017_zps45e1f113.jpg

And a few shots of the engine bay. The intake (free) is temporary til I fashion it into a snorkel.

uploadtophotobucket018_zpsc83567b7.jpg

uploadtophotobucket019_zps00d53eb6.jpg

uploadtophotobucket020_zps3a7c763c.jpg

Very nice hood latch, radiator & condenser mount setup you got there! What will you do for vitals protection? Expanded metal for the grill?

Or go for the 'Road Warrior' grill - many 1/4 x 1" horizontal steel flat stock bars on edge? ;) Just kidding of course.