Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So. California EA82 Wheeler

JacksonRally

Wow what a day. Started off early at the DMV to find out their computer systems were down statewide :eek:. Luckily I had all of the proper paperwork to get a temp tag. Then I ran to NAPA for a few last minute things not knowing what the DMV would be looking for when registering an out of state vehicle. Then it was off to get her smogged. This had me so nervous cause of the smog nazis we have here in CA. Went to a guy and he was willing to do a pre-smog and then we went for it and she passed :banana::banana: Then back to the DMV for verification, which is fancy for checking vin#'s throughout the car and title. After that I went back inside and was issued California plates.

I get axles tomorrow. And if all is well might check out some trails this weekend.

*thumbs up!*

hey kyle, is that the same area you introduced folks to your monster WRX articulation pix?:lol:

i bet a whole new universe just opened up for you!

Yeah same place. Only 20 min drive from my house all side streets.

Lets compare

My WRX

2.jpg

PICT0594.jpg

GL

P1010308.jpg

P1010291.jpg

actually, you are supposed to use your right hand, cupped perfectly over the bottom of the can......it allows the bottom of the can to sit right on the shifter ...voile' no cup holder:grin:

but seriously, cup holders in a wheeler?are you gonna have sippie cup lids on cans or what?thats just asking for trouble:lol:cheers, brian

• Like 1

Finally found my battery charger for my camera. So I took some quick shots of my skid plate I threw together for the Memorial weekend trip. Also took some shots of the exhaust. I will take some better shots next time its up on the lift.

I recycled the aluminum skid plate off my WRX and was able to cut out a nice piece for the 87 :banana:

PICT0624.jpg

PICT0623.jpg

PICT0625.jpg

PICT0626.jpg

I couldn't stand the way the stock exhaust went under the driveshaft and took away some clearance, so I cut up the stock piping and turned/welded/cut/turned/welded til it was up nice and tight. I ran it under the pass floorboard and up and over the rear beam. I managed to use what was already there and only had to add a 10'' straight at one point. I also reused the hangers.

PICT0628.jpg

PICT0627.jpg

tiiiight!

Really like the skid plate's framing... Solid but not too much to overweigh the front end...

When're you coming to moab again? bring your welder and some scrap stock :banana:

Thanks.

Umm don't think the car will haul the welder. Not only is it massive, well its heavy and massive. I love the older welders, they don't give up on you as easy as the newer machines.

looks good but I am not very fond of the stock recovery points.

+1...they're not only inconvenient, but meant for securing the car when new on a trailer. Not very strong. Nice work on tucking up that exhaust; I may just have to copy that to an extent.