Ultimate Subaru Message Board

went out and worked on the car today

well got off my butt. not to mention had the day off. started putting back together the center consoul ane the steering column plastic.

went to go work on the ignition problem. it won't make up it's mind what it wants to do. now the switch is working again... but started blowing fuses... found out why and remove the jumper used for when the switch opened up. fixed up my wiring for the cooling fans. so the toggle switch now has on, off and automatic cooling fans. but the thermistor for the auto died again... it started working today then died again... so that needs replaced. i might just go aftermarket. i found one you put in the hose area. and you can adjust what temp the fans turn on from inside the cab! but 30 dollars i don't have.

oh and some reason the stereo from time to time cust out all sound. you turn it off then back on and it works again... doesn't make sense. gotta see if any of the wires are groundeing out on the speaker wires.

this weekend i'm going to swap diffs so i can drive again. only rear wheel drive for awhile. beings the fact i broke the other stub axle in the rear diff and grenaded the outer cup of the front cv shaft. half the cup is missing. so it's no wheel drive right now till this weekend. as soon as i get the tool to fix the stubs. i'll put it all back together. and go get some pics in the rocks and post them on my site.

have to get the leaking tire fixed too... oh well. gotta start taking it easy. till i get the bugs out. gonna try to get Warn to make me chromemolly stub axles. don't give me the lecture of something else might break. cause i know it might. and might not break near as often though!