Ultimate Subaru Message Board

B.R.A.T. Meet 2010

i plan to go, and id love a rollbar. maybe a bull bar also.

i would want my roll bar to fit the cab as tight as possible.

is some responsible drinking acceptable? i wont get tanked and

run around without my pants, scouts honor

Ok, I think some responsible drinking should be fine.

I won't be consuming any, but I don't see why we shouldn't allow moderate

consumption.

And if anybody gets too out of control, we can make Monstaru the securitay. ;)

Hope it doesn't come down to that though...

Plus, we will have a bunch of little pickups with seats in the back.

I'm sure we could put together a system that would allow us to strap

someone down until their sober :brow:

Twitch

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep in mind thought that some of us (me) will be coming up with children. And as far as my stand is...I try to "give my kids the best and keep them from the rest." I personaly don't drink (any more) and am pretty adimit about keeping my kids from that type of "enviroment" but that not to say they are not and have not been exposed to it. Just keep it under control and don't be making a fool of yourself. Otherwise it's not Brian your gonna have to worry about...its me.

not to worry, i am not a big drinker/. i just know ellensburg gets hot and a cold beer would be nice. is anyone bringinga barbecue setup? i just have a coleman stove, and my teardrop trailer. no plumbing, just an icebox and the propane stove.

id be down to bringa little extra meat. is it every man for himself rules, on food?

I'm sorry to say that we are going to have to miss the BRAT meet. Was so looking forward to meeting all of you but hopefully we will see most at WCSS12 right? Our 82 Brat isn't licensed and registered yet and still needs some work.

Anyway, Ken and I made an unplanned purchase this weekend. We bought the 95 Impreza rally car posted in Portland area craigslist and on USMB too. This was a totally unplanned purchase. Ken is planning on doing the rally cross race in Hillsboro on May 30.

anyone interested in hitting me up for some roll bar , a bar love PM me.and i do not mean "i think i want one" i mean, have 200 bones to lay down right now, and is willing to have patience for me to get it all together.meaning i have to order dies, get tube, and the appropriate existing pieces to model off of.

cheers, brian

anyone interested in hitting me up for some roll bar , a bar love PM me.and i do not mean "i think i want one" i mean, have 200 bones to lay down right now, and is willing to have patience for me to get it all together.meaning i have to order dies, get tube, and the appropriate existing pieces to model off of.

cheers, brian

you have a pm. I have 200 bones.

Thanks Fenix747 and Twitch - we wanted to come but with someone being unemployed for 6 mos. and that darn 95 Impreza rally car sneaking in my driveway Monday night, I guess we just got diverted. But come hell or high water, we will be at WCSS12 and I'm bringing my 86 Hatch. Ken I'm sure will be trying to decide if he is driving the rally car or his 82 Brat. Of course if he were bringing the Brat he would have to finish fixing the darn thing.

So look forward to seeing everyone August at WCSS (and you too Pooperu.

Lynn

I'll be making it to WCSS this year for sure this year. I'm not sure what I'm going to bring. If I can get my AWD swap finished on the Hatch I'll bring that for sure, but if not I'd like to bring the BRAT so I can get Muddy. I'm sure the '78 wagon will not be finished by then.

Thanks Fenix747 and Twitch - we wanted to come but with someone being unemployed for 6 mos. and that darn 95 Impreza rally car sneaking in my driveway Monday night, I guess we just got diverted. But come hell or high water, we will be at WCSS12 and I'm bringing my 86 Hatch. Ken I'm sure will be trying to decide if he is driving the rally car or his 82 Brat. Of course if he were bringing the Brat he would have to finish fixing the darn thing.

So look forward to seeing everyone August at WCSS (and you too Pooperu.

Lynn

Hey guys! i just got permission to take an 82 BRAT in near mint condition to the meet, provided i can make it stop blowing up coils :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yohn I'm gonna get that dist. and a new coil today............. I'll see if I cant get it running this afternoon..............

IMG_3955.jpg

Jeff

Edited by one eye

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine all tuned up this weekend with the boy. Plugs, cap, rotor, wire, LOF, drain & fill fliuids, both fuel filters...and replaced the wiper motor.

Took it for a drive on the highway...man I need a 5spd D/R cause at 65 I was @ 3k can't imagine what will happen when I it the 70mph limit on I90:eek:

Also tore out the interier and front cowl and removed all the mice nest in there. To include a mouse. :rolleyes:

Now all that is left it to wash and wax it.

No way a weber and a 5spd is happening by then...would be nice though.

see you all there :banana:

Got mine all tuned up this weekend with the boy. Plugs, cap, rotor, wire, LOF, drain & fill fliuids, both fuel filters...and replaced the wiper motor.

Took it for a drive on the highway...man I need a 5spd D/R cause at 65 I was @ 3k can't imagine what will happen when I it the 70mph limit on I90:eek:

Also tore out the interier and front cowl and removed all the mice nest in there. To include a mouse. :rolleyes:

Now all that is left it to wash and wax it.

No way a weber and a 5spd is happening by then...would be nice though.

see you all there :banana:

Sorry, to burst your bubble on the 5spd, but its about the same as the 4spd.

Maybe a little higher RPM's...

I've been doing some interior fixin' too.

Just yesterday I started sketching out a stereo box to replace the thrashed

one that's in there now.

I'm thinking a log ;)

Also, started making an attachment system for my lego headrests for the

jumper seats :banana:

Got the seat frame mounted too.

Now I'm going to fit on my all weather seat covers :brow:

They're a heck of a lot softer than the plastic seats

Anywho, lets get this rollin'!

I'm going to P&S tomorrow to get a rear end for my BRAT, anybody wanna

come and help?

Twitch

Damn this sounds like fun! To bad I still need tires. Iv owned the Brat for 2 years and have driven it a total of 30 miles. Also I just started it up again after 2 years of sitting. Still purrs like a kitten though. I haven't put any miles on it, so I don't trust it and prior to me owning the car it sat in a field for 4 years. I hate mice now...

Sorry, to burst your bubble on the 5spd, but its about the same as the 4spd.

Maybe a little higher RPM's...

I've been doing some interior fixin' too.

Just yesterday I started sketching out a stereo box to replace the thrashed

one that's in there now.

I'm thinking a log ;)

Also, started making an attachment system for my lego headrests for the

jumper seats :banana:

Got the seat frame mounted too.

Now I'm going to fit on my all weather seat covers :brow:

They're a heck of a lot softer than the plastic seats

Anywho, lets get this rollin'!

I'm going to P&S tomorrow to get a rear end for my BRAT, anybody wanna

come and help?

Twitch

have you done a 5 spd swap for comparison?'cause you should say anything about it unless you have first hand knowledge.....

cheers,brian

have you done a 5 spd swap for comparison?'cause you should say anything about it unless you have first hand knowledge.....

cheers,brian

Yes, I have.

With the same tires, I've driven my BRAT with both a 4spd d/r and a 5spd d/r.

The 5spd is just a bit higher at 70 ( I use my tach for a speedometer as my

speedometer doesn't work.)

I've checked this with my GPS as well.

Twitch

Damn this sounds like fun! To bad I still need tires. Iv owned the Brat for 2 years and have driven it a total of 30 miles. Also I just started it up again after 2 years of sitting. Still purrs like a kitten though. I haven't put any miles on it, so I don't trust it and prior to me owning the car it sat in a field for 4 years. I hate mice now...

You need tires?

Ummmm, are you near any junkyards?

Cuz you can usually get a pretty decent set of tires, may not all match :-p, for

less than 100 bucks.

And if your junkyard is anything like ours, I bet all of your tires will already be mounted for you ;)

Twitch