Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No more low-riding for Guido...

mcbrat

sporting some BFG Mud Terrains now...

and we answered the question as to if you can fit 27x8.50 tires without cutting.

No. With minimal cutting, they do fit fine... unfortunately we did some cutting, but slightly less than minimal it seems :lol: as Ben called me on his way home, and it was making some noise :)

ben1.jpg

ben2.jpg

ben3.jpg

Minimal cutting will work for street driveing but with bad shocks as soon as you hit a bump. Funny thing happened on the way home fromwork tonight (buy the way everyone was stunned). Hit the railroad tracks which snagged a bit of the quarterpannel which bent it over the tire which then wedged itself against it. So driving 1mph home to the sound of braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wasnt very fun but i only had a few blocks to go. Needless to say after the snow melts tomorrow or sunday im going to pull that tire off and bash the metal into submission. I didnt want to cut it but mick kept saying this is what we do this is what we do. and i wanted to be special also so i went against my better judgement.

What i really need now is a lift boys.:grin:

Sweet 3eyed, cant wait.

Here are some updated shots and a shot of the problem i had last night. I beat the heck out of the wheel well and they fit better now. Sadly to say Guido days are numbered. I cant see him lasting more then 3 years max. The body rust is really really bad.

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2252

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2253

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2254

Groved the tire a bit but its hardly noticeable.

Sweet 3eyed, cant wait.

Here are some updated shots and a shot of the problem i had last night. I beat the heck out of the wheel well and they fit better now. Sadly to say Guido days are numbered. I cant see him lasting more then 3 years max. The body rust is really really bad.

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2252

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2253

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2254

Grooved the tire a bit but its hardly noticeable.

consider that siping :) it will help ....

I am almost convinced i dont have a bad wheel bearing now, probally just a really bad belt on the tire or something. There is a pretty good noise from the nobbys but no rubbing in back now. It does rub a bit when i turn but not bad. Yes considerably less noisy when driveing. No one told me how drastically change my car though. 5th gear is pretty much useless. Basically it drives like a 4 speed car now. Though with the wider stance it handles better.

I am almost convinced i dont have a bad wheel bearing now, probally just a really bad belt on the tire or something. There is a pretty good noise from the nobbys but no rubbing in back now. It does rub a bit when i turn but not bad. Yes considerably less noisy when driveing. No one told me how drastically change my car though. 5th gear is pretty much useless. Basically it drives like a 4 speed car now. Though with the wider stance it handles better.

you just won't use 5th as much as you used to... only use it on long flat or slightly downhill stretches :lol: :lol: :lol: