Ultimate Subaru Message Board

you guys KNEW this was coming (coupes summer wheels)

Here it is mounted with its good wheels and tires. Oh and waxed and buffed. Not too bad for 28 year old paint. Enjoy. On a side note anyone have any info on the EA81 cruise controls? Mine just stopped working and i havent a clue why. Guess i got some investigating to do.

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

Looks great with the Enkies! Did you order center caps for the wheels or were they included? I have the same set of wheels, but one cap is missing. Got a link?

Nope these had a full set when i bought em. One is slightly different (darker sticker than the rest) but otherwise they are ok shape. I have no clue where to get them im just happy that i have this set.

Daaayyyuuummmmm...

That's a nice coupe man.

Lets keep it that way ;)

Twitch

Haha yea planning on it. Then again i didnt plan on crashing the other one :grin:

That is a beautiful little car! How do you keep it rust free? I have owned two Subarus from Conneticut and they were both terribly rotted.

This one had a bit or rot but nothing terrible. I cut out all the bad metal and welded in new stuff and painted it to match. I guess i did a decent job since most people cant tell it had rust work done. It was not bad by a long shot though for a CT car. 53k miles and counting on the body.

Nice job on the repair I cant see it.

Something some of us knew all along was those little EA81 era cars that aren't 4wd, hatches, or Brats are still going to draw attention and money eventually. They are unique and are tossed aside quicker than the sought after models.

Nice job on the repair I cant see it.

Something some of us knew all along was those little EA81 era cars that aren't 4wd, hatches, or Brats are still going to draw attention and money eventually. They are unique and are tossed aside quicker than the sought after models.

Thanks Shawn. Im actually odd. I prefer the 2wd versions to some extent...the reasons being they are lighter and less things to go wrong. This one ended up being loaded with everything other than the GL-10 options (digi dash and alloys). Also the 2wd versions are basically the only ones left over here since all the 4wd ones were killed during the past 28 years of winters.

You really do make it hard to complement you when you induce so much jealousy. ;)

Nice man. Love it.

Haha thanks bud.

What tires are you running and in what size?

I just ordered a set of Kumhos in a 175/70 because there aren't enough decent tires made in the EA81T specific 185/70s anymore, boo hoo... I was wondering what you found to shod your Enkeis.

Im running 175/70/R13 Bridgestone Primewells. They are ok tires but i think you will be happier with the Kumhos. They seem to be wearing very well but they are anything but a performance tire. Not too much noise on the highway though and very smooth ride which is more what i care about.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&Cookie=Shopzilla_Primewell&details=Ordern&typ=D-103352&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1

Nice to see it back on the road and in good hands. I'll have to drag race w/ you on the Berlin Turnpike some night in my 77 sedan. Looks great, but I would put the luggage rack back on.....accessories add that extra pop!

Nice to see it back on the road and in good hands. I'll have to drag race w/ you on the Berlin Turnpike some night in my 77 sedan. Looks great, but I would put the luggage rack back on.....accessories add that extra pop!

Haha yea its doing good other than the leaking front and rear window and cruise issues (least of my worries). For some reason i can get the cruise to work at low speeds around town but not on the highway. Would anyone know what would be causing that?

As for the luggage rack...it wasnt really my style. I like em but the lighter the better in my eyes. That thing added somewhere in the range of 40-50 pounds to the trunk. And it was just another place for water to leak in and rot things.