Ultimate Subaru Message Board

sorry i haven't been around much..

i know i haven't been around much since losing the soob back in Jan 09..

not sure if i've mentioned last time i was here of which vehical i was looking at to replace the soob but...

i joined the dark side and bought a lifted jeep..97 xj with 3" suspension lift and 31" bfg ats..

picture.php?pictureid=2256&albumid=226&dl=1269269596&thumb=1 first week home

picture.php?pictureid=2258&albumid=226&dl=1269269596&thumb=1 as it is now.still same height but with Mud rovers,no flares,fenders trimmed,sway bar disconnected,soon to have rockers cut out and square tubing welded in as sliders..

subarus still hold a special place in my heart.looking to get one for D.D.(gotta start looking and saving up)

almost $50 to fill up jeep and with 12-13mpg is starting to be painful..

picture.php?pictureid=2260&albumid=226&dl=1269270449&thumb=1

• 10 months later...

yeah,as far as the shape mine's in..it just keeps going (providing the transmission issue doesn't act up,possibly clogged filter)

my friend has a Legacy GT wagon(2.5,5 spd) for sale,will be checking it out on sat..

i know the head gasket issue on this 2.5 has already been taken care of (i somewhat helped tear down the engine) and it has been given a new clutch maybe a yr ago.just needs a cat and a few other small things to be ready..