Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Windshield Questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Atomic Robot

Atomic Robot

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Solon

Posted 12 February 2004 - 10:32 AM

I recently had my windshield replaced due to a run-in with a big rock.

Shortly after it was fixed, I noticed that the plastic pins in the bottom corners of the windshield kept poppong up. Well, now they're both gone...

What are these things actually called? I don't recall ever seeing them on another car. Do the pins serve any critical purpose or are they just for aligning the windshield during installation?

#2 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:12 AM

Year and make of car would help. So would the location of the pins. Are you referring to the plastic pins that act as anchoring devices in the plastic trim buttons on the bottom shroud of the shield trim?

#3 Atomic Robot

Atomic Robot

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Solon

Posted 12 February 2004 - 11:34 AM

Originally posted by northguy
Year and make of car would help. So would the location of the pins. Are you referring to the plastic pins that act as anchoring devices in the plastic trim buttons on the bottom shroud of the shield trim?

'01 OBW.

Yes.

Thanks!

#4 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:52 PM

They aren't critical, but for about a quarter apiece, you should be able to replace them and then you don't have to worry about your shroud blowing off the car at 85mph. It just looks better if all of the holes are filled, too.

#5 Atomic Robot

Atomic Robot

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Solon

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:10 PM

Totally agree.

Can't wait to find out how much the local dealer wants for them...

#6 Atomic Robot

Atomic Robot

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Solon

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:10 PM

The dealer finally got these in today: $1.16 each.

They don't seem to really do much of anything other than seal the holes in the windshield cowling, but it looked wrong not having them there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users