Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BRAT seat belts for the jump seats

Haha yes. They were not there when I got it. But there is a blurb about them in the owners manual is the only reason I know they were there at one time! I don't necessarily need originals but I'm not sure how I'd secure any generic lap belts...

Thx jonv, those pics will help me to reference since I just pulled the carpet in one of my 80' BRATS from the strip at the wheel wells fwd to the cab.

I am thinking of an alternate mounting, however, one that might allow removing the bracket for the seats as well. I see the issue with bolting, since there is no access room from underneath where the rear brace of the bracket should sit.....

Ben, if you remove any and all crud from the bed floor, along the front of the bed near the cab you should find 4 bolt holes. Outer ones match up with one hole in my high bar, and the center two are only a rib or two apart in the center of the bed. Not sure if all were equipped this way or not. Welded nuts under the bed. You should be able to find other seat belts to bolt up there, at least that is my plan. Not sure the bolt size or thread but the thread is fine and the bolt took a 16mm wrench ;)