Ultimate Subaru Message Board

90 legend/90 vanagon virus

greetings from the edge

new and only the second post here-- I admired my 90 legend awd as I used it as a donor for my vanagon--the trans diff case had a hole in it the size of rhode island--fluid everywhere--engine ran like a top, still does. I installed it in the van over the holidays and wished I had swapped a 2.5 + for the trouble. at any rate, Im glad to be here....I have another agenda stirring...

another "project" ....more to come thanks and howdy

todd

Welcome aboard, Todd. Yeah, I guess a Legacy can be Legend-ary!!!

Hope you have many miles of happiness from that lovely EJ22. And just maybe you're lucky you didn't go with the EJ25!

Good luck and keep us posted on your projects.

I just spoke to a mechanic named ron at outfront racing. He says that the headgasket problem is with the early "paper" type gasket, not the sheet metal type. says any phase 1 or 2 can be cured forever with it..what do you think?

[true at least I got the "leg" part right!] a dull memory is my legacy from all that t- thinner doing headliners in the eighties.

todd

Sure the head gasket can be fixed forever, but you got to change it first! Somewhere I read, (I wonder where?) They went through many different designs to get to where they are today with the 2.5 head gaskets. Welcome to the board!