Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thoughts from the T cased guys

mellow65

• 2 months later...
update?:slobber:

sadly no big updates. i have been in contact with the guy several times lately. its still moving along but the problem he is running into right now is getting a throw out bearing that will work, both to fit on the snout of the tranny and to have the right size and shape for the subaru pressure plate.

if i get any big updates ill pass it along.

he is also at some point going to start a "build" thread. i have seen some of his threads and he likes to have more answers before he starts showing it off. me i just got excited someone was willing to take this on. :)

No worries, I've subscribed to this thread so anytime it gets anywhere I'll hear it. I'm just inspired by the possibility of cutting & welding what ever I want to put together. I'm thinking of putting a modified TH200 behind an EG33. It sure would be nice to see those pieces welded together....

ok so the thinking bonnet needs to be put on people. i remember back in the good old days before Al Gore invented the internet, they used to have these huge books with parts in them. and sometimes it would be just one part but basically every one on the planet with specs and pictures.

so in my own effort of trying to help this bell housing along i have been trying to figure out a throw out bearing that might work for this.

but basically we need a bore of 1.5748 in. (40mm)

but with the rest of it to be

Outside Diameter: 2.6772 in. (68mm)

Width: 1.0394 in. (26.4mm)

and to have a face like this

bca_614159_fro-2.jpg

any thoughts or input would be much appreciated.

Do you think its feasible to put a spacer on the back of a thinner one? Milled to your spec of course. Can you get a thinner one? I suppose thats better than welding the fork right?

Edited by Yo'J

Do you think its feasible to put a spacer on the back of a thinner one? Milled to your spec of course. Can you get a thinner one? I suppose thats better than welding the fork right?

a spacer i think would be fine, but we still need something with the right specs on some of the stuff to start with.

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome. I've got a project in the planning stages that might need one of these.....so I'll be watching this closely.

i have a project right now that NEEDS one of these, like yesterday.........:lol::lol:it sure would simplify a whole bunch.cheers, b

i figure im going to get 2 when these hit the point of being done. i dont care if they sit on the shelf for years at least i will have them. i dont know his long term goals of making these, but not going to miss an opportunity like this. i have been looking for a real option for a rwd set up for a subaru for a long time now. other then welding the center diff, not much out there. i was probably even willing to get the rwd tranny that that toyota/subaru thing that was supposed to come out for ever ago. but that never seems to be made so thats not much of a choice then.

i will update when i know more

i have a project right now that NEEDS one of these, like yesterday.........:lol::lol:it sure would simplify a whole bunch.cheers, b

trust me brother I'm working on it. cool stuff takes time. and this is worth waiting for.

I'm building a car with the hopes of using this. i like to call it project Mazdaru. :)

trust me brother I'm working on it. cool stuff takes time. and this is worth waiting for.

I'm building a car with the hopes of using this. i like to call it project Mazdaru. :)

i have been working on trading for all kinds of parts just for this :grin:.........cheers, brain

i have been working on trading for all kinds of parts just for this :grin:.........cheers, brain

well keep saving your pennys. i sent him a flywheel and pressure plate so he should have them by this week. i had an idea i was going to run by him for the throw out bearing. he says he has it all drawn out in his head now it must be built. :)