Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCCS 12 Site and Location are Set

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Zap for the offer. I'm sure between you and Rob (I discussed it with him back when he came to CT to see us east coast folk) I can figure it out one way or another. My biggest issue is going to be work as I would like to go but I would like to come home and still have a job too.:eek:

hmmmm time to start checking for flights. Where would you land if you were going to fly into a major airport?

yes I'm serious....:eek:

From Harriburg,PA to Yakima- on 19 Aug $516. RT

from Philly, its $408.

Philly to Sea- $208

http :// www . farecompare. com / flights / Yakima - YKM / city . html

if anyone has the trad gear i would definitely be up for some climbing! im too cheap for trad, plus its all about the bouldering in leavenworth :banana:

if anyone is wondering about offroading in the area you should come out to the brat meet, we should be hitting up some of the local trails then

I can't think of a whole lot of good wheel'in spots in that general area... Alot of granola hippie types in and around the Levenworth area that frown on any dirt churn'in gas powered motorized fun! I am sure there is a few but mostly forrest service roads and such. You might find something on one of the passes but would most likely be limited. If anybody knows of any let me know...

-Jake

There is my favorite "offroad" (more like old-road) locally- the Old Blewett Pass highway- it's an old degraded road, very narrow and twisty, some areas are narrow because the roadway has partially collapsed... there are many branch-off sections of dirt forest roads too- and if you know where to look, I have found leaf fossils in various rock piles there too! (along the road)

there is good wheelin in the liberty area, its probably the closest you will find to cashmere. you can take forest service roads from cashmere to some of the trails. when the snow clears up i will probably be hitting up this area a lot with the brat to learn and explore the trials

check out this link http://nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm#liberty

Found this link as well http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/recreation/cle-elum/trails/#4wdatv

Go to the upper right and click on 4wd trails..:banana:

I was looking at this area near Rimrock lake..."death wheelin"

http://www.nwjeepn.com/puckerridge.htm it sounds more like a mtn bike trail...!!!

Edited by scoobyclimbs

I don't know a darn thing about trad climbing. I love sport climbing, but BOULDERING is the shiznit.

I'm still new to sport climbing (been bouldering for a few years), but I'd really like to check out the routes at L-worth.

Bouldering is my favorite, though. Let's bring our pads.

yea ive never done trad climbing but really want to learn. Ive been sport climbing for just under a year so im still kinda new too, but i think going to smith rock a few times broke me in :-p

i dont know how much sport climbing there is in leavenworth, all i know is the bouldering. ill have to talk to my buddies who know the area more and find out what the sport scene is like. but i know i can get a bunch of crash pads down there and we can have an awesome time :banana:

Rim rock lake is a long was from the fair grounds like the other side of white pass. just seems kinda far to go wheeling on a 3 day show. I plan on taking it easy this year do more hanging out than driving last year i popped my ej :( altho it was a junk yard motor...

I will be there in the Gen 3 brat should have a 6 inch lift and good tires by then maby i will win something haha.

Rob.

Rim rock lake is a long was from the fair grounds like the other side of white pass. just seems kinda far to go wheeling on a 3 day show.

I was going to head up to rimrock on thursday/fri for those of us that drive 300mi might as well enjoy the wheelin..

I can't stand sitting around for 3 days in some of the best wheelin country around. Sat. is the best day to hang out for the show..

We are going to be taking it easy as we all have to drive back...The more difficult trails are about perfect ..