Ultimate Subaru Message Board

update! the newer engine

ok as some may know i had some major problems with a newer engine had bought from a company. and i did get some very useful help with photos (thanks skip) for the vacume hoses and timing. well i ended up taking it to the shop because sometime you just have to know when to throw in the towel. well it ended up being 1 bad injector and 1 bad injector seal. neither of those i would have never caught. the bad injector was pulsing but not spraying, and the seal, well thats a toughy if youve never owned a fi scoob before.

so now its running and wow what a diffrence. i took the plastic thing out of the fender where the air filter attaches to get the turbo sound for now until i finish my custom intake(once again, thanks skip for the site). i also added the accel coil and 8.5mm wires with ngk platinum plugs gapped at .050. this engine really pulls. im not sure if it has more power than the us version but it feels like it(jdm ea82t). i am very happy now and cant wait to finish her up this weekend to take a nice drive. just thought i would share.