Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

88 GL D/R Wagon - Another EJ Swap

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 SoobieDoo

SoobieDoo

GL's...the luxury wheeler

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • ZigZag

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

That really bites the big 'un, but if you look at your car's value as a culmination of the parts you've put into it....they can be swapped over to another cheap wagon. That mindset is what finally made me decide to seriously off-road it. The body isn't worth near as much as what's under the hood!!!

#77 Trevor

Trevor

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

Made some progress here. It has taken a while, but I found a really clean 91 Loyale with a dead motor and sourced all the parts to repair my EJ. Motor in the bay with the dual range and the lift is in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#78 1982gl4

1982gl4

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,372 posts
  • Worcester, VT

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

That grey one looks super clean, sorry about your other one, but glad you found a decent replacement! Looks great with those Mazda wheels as well!

#79 Trevor

Trevor

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

Project has been on hold for a while. But I have made a ton of progress in the last week.

Did not want wiring hanging above my feet on this build so I put my ECU in a box in the spare tire well. I picked the components up at lowes for about $30. It should keep water out.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Everything is good to go except radiator fans, which are "Out for Delivery" according to UPS :)

Can't wait to do some off roading!!

#80 subaruguru

subaruguru

Scammer

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • Yakima Wa,

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:39 AM

wow i read this thread and you did a really great job with both cars sorry aboput the first one i had that happen :( but the new one looks great.

Cheers R.

#81 Trevor

Trevor

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

wow i read this thread and you did a really great job with both cars sorry aboput the first one i had that happen :( but the new one looks great.

Cheers R.

Thanks!

#82 Trevor

Trevor

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

Painted my wheels last night, got me some plates and insurance, vacuumed, washed glass, and drove to work today for the first time.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#83 Trevor

Trevor

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Its been a while since I've said what-up, so I figured I'd show off the new kicks, and say hello! :) 14" BF AT's will hopefully make for a good summer outdoors!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users