Ultimate Subaru Message Board

First 2010 Camping Trip a Success!!

So, to kick off Spring Break, I took the girlfriend & her daughter to Reno to do some camping without snow. The 4Runner was packed to the gills, and off we set. The truck did great, no problems... except for a flat tire on highway 80 in blue canyon. Its a good thing I had a full size spare.

We made it to Reno saturday afternoon to meet up Jibs, and he took us to a place he knows of past Pyramid Lake where there are some Hot Springs we could camp at. Lucky for us, the Nevada wind did not pick up until Sunday on our way out.

On our way back from camp to Reno, my buddy took us to the Moonrocks so I could play for alittle bit. Man it is great to finally wheel without snow!!

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6426&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6438&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6450&g2_serialNumber=2

I didn't want to do anything stupid... I was wheelin on my spare tire, with a truck FULLY LOADED with camping gear, and I had my two girls with me, so I played it safe for the most part. I will definatly have to return, and try again with an empty truck & aired down :P there are some CRAZY lines out there.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6454&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6478&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6526&g2_serialNumber=2

After we played on the Rocks, the girls & I headed back to Reno, where we had a room at Circus Circus waiting for us. There we spent 2 nights having a good time, then drove home. The drive home took about 3.5hrs, but only because of a snow storm that had rolled in. Near white-out conditions in truckee & 4" of fresh powder on the freeway at 6000'

All in all, the GPS tracked 375 miles, round trip... and the truck did it all without a hitch!!

Here, you can enjoy alittle video from the rocks :popcorn: