Ultimate Subaru Message Board

* Plan Change *(see post #1) Iowa Campout Weekend... (anyone from Midwest is welcome)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did some gravel running today when I was mushroom hunting.... the less populated countied definitely have a different "finish" to the roads :)

Should be some "good" ones around the campout area... :)

state parks always provide grills, so we just need charcoal and such.

wood -didnt Mick chop a lot of trees

good idea to plan this as if it were a picnic for a few days-

I will make certain we dont run out of beer unless the wisconsin guys have a brew connection.. :)

:drunk:

Edited by bheinen74

I guess if its important let me know, cuz i still have my little portable charcole grill i can bring if you dont want to use the icky state park ones. Yes and what kind of food people would like i think would be important.

Maybe make a list of things people are bringing to sell if they would like.

Ive got a good size cooler to bring so if you need extra room for that beer of yours your welcome to it. And no i wont be steelin it.

i will definitely be bringing some fire wood... The Brat is functioning fine at the moment. even did a little playing the other day, but I don't know if I want to drive in it at speed that far..... with a little trailer behind me :)

i will definitely be bringing some fire wood... The Brat is functioning fine at the moment. even did a little playing the other day, but I don't know if I want to drive in it at speed that far..... with a little trailer behind me :)

A trailer for what your trailer queen. :lol:

Besides dont you need a good longdistance shakedown if you want to bring it to castina in september.

I took it to castana last sept. that's where I smashed my door and pillar....

I've got a little 40" x 60" flatbed trailer I'll probably take out to the campout, with my camp gear and wood. I could fit it all into the bed of the Brat maybe, but I'd rather not...

I must say, I do like having a 17 gallon tank on the Brat though....

No i know you took it out there last year but youve done other electrical mods since then so i didnt know if you were leary. I would offer to haul some of your stuff but i wont get out there till saturday. I will be bringing those rings bill sent to me for you.

Haha, I don't have to work or anything. I can crank my stuff out friday and head out after. But I am indeed getting bored of the idea, that and the fact I would have to drive 7 hours.. Cause I would be leaving by 6pm so I'd get out there at like 1am! and by then everyones asleep.

So I think thats what is killing the idea for me, So I will not be attending this..

Chamber maids eh? Maybe if Stevie Nicks was there I'd go :grin:

Well iowa guys, cant say i didnt try to get others to join. Aparently were not good enough down here to make the trek.:confused:

A bunch of rusted Subarus from this part of the country is nothing much to brag about. :lol:

At least we have lifted Subarus here.:grin: