DSCF0390.jpg

grinding off the bracket lip so it clears the door panel

DSCF0397.jpg

all done on this side

DSCF0399.jpg

Now the struts

Soo much easier than the junk yard rigs no impacts needed

DSCF0382.jpg

i even got the misses to join in while i tackled other stuff (crazy being 7 months pregnant and all) shes my sidekick most of the time

DSCF0381.jpg

see anything weird?

DSCF0374.jpg

what about now?

DSCF0375.jpg

well the shocks are compressible by hand.. blown? idk possibly

before (and rubbed like crazy even when turning)

DSCF0378.jpg

After oh soo much better!

DSCF0379.jpg

and no its measured from the same spot... so there's an inch difference.. might be 3cm deeper in the tread but there's a huge difference

FRONT BUMPER!!! not here yet.. will have pics of it installed once it gets here (DUH)

user4732_pic2367_1271828188.jpg

Edited by True2Blue

i love the dcu's... man when summer hit in iraq... we still had to hold up to our dress code.. couldn't even take our acu jackets off. so id ditch the acu's, put on a pair of my loose fitting dcu's and be 50% cooler.. i didn't like my plain tan ones they have drag straps in them that limit my reach and when you reach up with coveralls on you crush...:eek:

i know (about the bumper) im soo excited.. my stock bumper cover is faded and cracked it really bringin my poor subarus look down

view of the capacitor and normal listening level:)

th_DSCF0404.jpg

heres my BASE HEAD :headbang: vid i made to show what it can do.. (just for you rob:grin:)

th_DSCF0405.jpg

just the inside of my ru

th_DSCF0402.jpg

vocal test (someone said my bass would drown out the vocals...)

th_DSCF0403.jpg

th_DSCF0321.jpg

Edited by True2Blue

if it isn't your wheeler, then why is it in the offroad section?:rolleyes:

I moved it here because all the work being done is on his offroad rig. I thought this was thread was headed towards offroad mods.

It seems to have some of both so far (Offroad/stereo).

If one of the other mods wants to move, its no biggie to me.

Geez, read all the posts man :)

i can read, and did......and this still is not his "offroad " rig......

Ok, fair enough, but he didn't post it here to begin with, it was moved by a mod. So it's not the OP's fault. I believe he posted in the 80's forum to begin with, I could be wrong though, then it was moved here by Turbone. If a modded wanted it moved it would have been moved again I would think...

if it isn't your wheeler, then why is it in the offroad section?:rolleyes:

good question:lol:

ill echo the words I DIDNT POST IT HERE!:eek:

and this is a lifted subaru you can see that, i hope:rolleyes:. so in a way is a wheeler. i still go off road i just dont beat the $hit out of mine like half of these guys so im sorry if you guys feel that its not a wheeler because of how straight it is or if its the fact that i don't take it down trails that are too small so i have to bounce it off trees, this is my daily driver and i take care of my vehicles.

NOTE: i did say its not my wheeler ONLY because your idea of a wheeler is probably my idea of a farm work horse beater rig, I.E. half of the toyotas on CL are "wheelers" and either not street legal most are modded with a chev 350, lifted 12" on 38's and an exo skeleton or had some kid lift it 4-6 inches, throw some half bald 33's and drive it like a pre-runner through the woods.

and in one of the posts i believe it says its a snow rig.

with all that said when the ej goes in the ea is going in a sand rail frame (a modified one to make it legal AND look good)... yes a 4x4 buggy but its going to be a slow build

BESIDES THE BS what cha think about the bumpers?

Edited by True2Blue

I like the front hitch receiver...will prob do that on my bumper. :headbang:

Not so sure about using it with a big winch, though. Even stock bumpers have more reinforcement than that to the brackets. :-\

As is, I'd use a smaller winch just for self-recovery.

I vote off road rig; whether or not you even take it out on gravel, it's still capable.

~E

Not so sure about using it with a big winch, though. Even stock bumpers have more reinforcement than that to the brackets. :-\

~E

i know what ya mean:rolleyes:

But im not done

on another note...

i haven't installed my rear tail light guards.. i had to cut my exhaust pipe 8 inch's shorter, i installed (front bumper) left and right side lights that shine on the left and right shoulders of the road... if i can tomorrow ill mount up the day lighters...

parts/ misc gear to come.. ball hitch for rear receiver, re-drilled flywheel and ej to ea adapter plate, two (one red one black) 6 foot 4 gauge lengths of wire for the glove box power inverter

tube mounts will run from the bumper (bolt on mounts) to the "frame" along the skid plate.. and if i can with the ej in it... from the bumper through the grille to the frame

Edited by True2Blue

if it was interesting to read, i might have.......i was going off of what HE said himself.......

i could give a ************ less about it accept that it is wasted space if it is NOT his offroader.this space on the board gets more wasted posts than any other.....so sorry if i don't care about the ************ing car.or what he said.or care about you swinging on his jock...:rolleyes:.cheers or not, brian