• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yea! the staters love lifted subaru. i got pulled over all the time

"no splash guards"

"sounds like my exhaust is modified"

"music is too loud"

"wheels protrude outside of the fenders more than 2 inches"

ive been pulled over for ************ that wasn't even true like a headlight out. not in a million years would you find something like that on my rig (i carry a spare :lol: ) i do my best to keep them at bay but they always find something

and you rig is a little higher, well it looks like its 8" higher.

i hope they leave you alone it sounds like you haven't had a problem (i traveled over 150 miles at times in one stretch, that's alot of different city's and county's with their own set of personal quota to meet)

anyways im gonna have to see ur rig some time. when business gets rollin at my shop (ordering a master mechanic set of tools from matco tools on tuesday) ill be making 2 rigs and eventually (in a year or so) a long travel style subaru buggy.

more bracing because its up really tall, fix my camber, tuck all my wiring and but the dash back together....(SUPER FUN!) finish my rear bumper... get my fans hooked up.... Run Sub/Winch wire to the from and back...

So just alot of little stuff but i am heading up to school in a week so i hopefully can get it done!

Reid

Hiya Reid:

Sorry, don't have one, but hopefully can offer help. The only way to get the stock cat/Y-pipe will be private sale, 'cause the JY's cut them out for scrap. What you can get from a JY though, is a Y-pipe with a bolt-on flange for a cat. '95 outback?...you'll have to search. That route's preferable, as you can customize the exhaust more for better ground clearance. I had to cut out a chunk of the heat shield to avoid spacing the Y-pipe down too far. :)

every exhaust shop said they would not put a exhaust on it with out a Cat.... Stupid :mad:

thats because IF you get pulled over and the cop (doesnt like the way you look or decides to be an a**h:rolleyes:le) inspects your car (modified exhaust is illegal in the state of Washington) and decides to give you a ticket for your modified exhaust you will most likely fight it go to court and hand the judge your paperwork/receipts of the modified exhaust done by a professional shop which in turn they get the hammer for performing illegal modifications on automobiles in the state of Washington.

its not likely but it can happen it happened to me with my brat although i did the work myself i got a ticket for having a modified exhaust.

(i do my research on auto and gun laws here in wa by federal state county and city levels)

as for helping you with the exhaust... your best bet is to acquire a o2 sensor on CL (i dont know about on usmb but part yards around here are cheap) match a "nut" to the sensor then mark your spot with the exhaust "hooked up" where there will be no interference, drill it out weld nut over hole and wala you have a o2 bung. i know you already know how to do it i dont mean to insult you :grin: but where i was going (i dont suspect you have a welder) is mark it and take it to a weld shop the rest is hstory

Edited by True2Blue

yeah thats looking like what i will be doing i have had alot of aftermarket exhaust on mr2's and 240's and have never had a problem but my car will stick out like a sore thumb so it will attract attention but yeah i can weld so i will just figure something out!

Thanks for the idea!

Reid

• 2 weeks later...
This is what i have on it now I think i need a O2 sensor for it to run right... and i dont have to get through emissions but every exhaust shop said they would not put a exhaust on it with out a Cat.... Stupid :mad:

Take the liscense plates off it and trailer it to an Exhaust shop that HASN"T seen it before.

Tell them it is "off highway" only.

• 1 month later...