Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subi.... *Updated*

88Subi4x4

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas of what tires i should run i was thinking some 31x10.5 15s like all terrains when its on the street and some 31 swappers for off the road..... :grin:

i like these but they are a little expensive....

mud-terrain-t-a-km.jpg[/img]

or..........

bfg_mudterrain_ta_km2_ci2_l.jpg[/img]

And for wheeling.........:rolleyes:

61bksdpc1azz_sm.jpg[/img]

BFG all-terrains should be a lot cheaper than the MT's in the pic, but jezzus......a set of both those and swampers!$$?$$! I want your job, Reid!

Though I've never tried 'em, you can't go wrong with the SS's, so why not go cheap on the street tires? I run grabber AT's both on and off road, and they're ok for both.

ge_grabber_at2_owl_ci2_l.jpg

VS:

bfg_alterr_tako_ci2_l.jpg

Been looking at these retreads too.........I don't like the AT's in that size, though.

http://www.treadwright.com/p-11-31-10-50r15-crawler-m-t.aspx

11.jpg

Hope that helps some,

~Eric

I have never liked the all-terrains that much, they are great for sand/dry dirt. But they aren't very good as soon as it gets wet. I have some that are about half tread on my Nissan that I off road with, even with welded front and rear diffs, it's very limited in the wet. However when it's dry the thing will go anywhere! At full tread they aren't that bad, but I like the mud terrains much better.

i just bought a set of bfg km's (your first pic) on craigslist for $250 and i just got back from greenwater they do amazing in the snow i actually kept throwing ALL of the snow out of the flat spots when id do donuts

tires in action (they move the snow pretty good)

Just my opinion but really I would never ever go back again swampers for life

And they cost about the same or less than AT's

I would have to agree swampers are the best..... but not for on the road

With the car you're building, whats the concern with on road manners?!:rolleyes: Your not planning on running a swaybar are you? My car handles like a monster truck...:grin:

And they cost about the same or less than AT's

With the car you're building, whats the concern with on road manners?!:rolleyes: Your not planning on running a swaybar are you? My car handles like a monster truck...:grin:

No i dont have a sway bar and it cruises around pretty good (alot better then i thought it would) I have a ton of bracing on it tho. I need it to drive decent on the road.... although I dont drive much I still like it be able to cruise up and down I-5! Mostly so I dont have to tow it to wheeling trips :grin:

I cant get over how much power the EJ has compared to my old EA82 wagon! :banana: getting on the freeway is much more fun :grin:

+1 on that! I almost think my car is too fast sometimes. I use my GPS as my speedometer and I think I can do somewhere in the 70mph range in 3rd gear gettin on it. I rarely put it into 5th it seems to be unnecessary.

+1 on that! I almost think my car is too fast sometimes. I use my GPS as my speedometer and I think I can do somewhere in the 70mph range in 3rd gear gettin on it. I rarely put it into 5th it seems to be unnecessary.

Yes i have 235/75 15s on it and i cruise down the freeway at like 70 ish in 5th turning like 2500 rpms its nice! gets me some good gas millage :banana:

Indeed Jeff I called you like 3 times and stopped at your house and no one was there.......:mad:

That must have been Sunday right? That was a bad Saturday night/ sunday morning, I woke up around 3PM to find that my phone had vanished, you know those kinds of nights. I would have loved to had seen it bummer.......

Jeff