Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Biggest tires with no lift?

brysawn

I'd like to see some pictures of big tire set-ups with no lift. With or without cut fenders.

Also, please list wheel model, and tire size/company/model

I hate to do this, but look at the FAQ in off road, and the regular FAQ.

They have loads of information on this sort of thing.

Also, from seeing what others have done on the board, I know a Gen2 can fit

27"s with only minor trimming and no lift.

As Ben pointed out, you can fit 27" on a Gen3 with only a 2" lift, and no

trimming.

But please, just look up the info in the FAQ's.

Twitch

I have read through the FAQ, but there are no pictures. Which is my reason for creating this thread.

As quoted from the FAQ's:

"Oh , whats that?You don't want to get the wrong size?Well then I suggest you ask people what tires they have on there rig."

Which is exactly what I'm doing.

So thanks for the pictures guys, I'd like to see some more.

I think you'll be lucky to get one or two more pics, because there simply aren't that many of us w/o lift. The 2" suspension lift is so cheap and easy, there is really no reason to not do it. With 4", and 27's, I did have to trim and bash to avoid ALL rubbing.

175/80R13

If you want any larger... get a lift.

I've got 195/70/14 on my GL with no lift, just ALOT of sawzall. But only the fenders and wheel well, not into the doors.

I've even run as big as 205/70/15 on the same car, but with an old spring perch flipped ove as a spacer below the spring in the rear so about 1' lift.

My videos are on youtube, same name. The red GL turbo with rod knock.

Also if you look here http://ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110173 you will see that JacksonRally got 28's under his rig with no lift

-Andy

...but he didn't say it's driveable like that. :eek:

Just look at the tire to fender clearance on the front at 11:00, and rear 10 & 2:00.

PICT0622.jpg

Again, no reason NOT to add a 2". It will at least lessen the trimming.

:)

My 83 GL has 205/75/14's on it. With no lift.

I did do a slight bit of trimming but it did not require much.

The tires are just over 26" tall. Some oddball All Terrains I had to special order.

And remember things like a 27" swamper at 27.5", is actually taller than a 28" swamper at 27.4" for a 14" rim. (that's not a big difference, bit still the "bigger" tire is actually smaller) So check the exact specs of the tire you are looking at to make sure the size on the sidewall is actually the size they come out of the factory. Can be off by a bit. But nothing a BFH can't fine tune for ya. :)

*Those sizes are right off Interco's website.

I sure wish I had you guys to ask when I bought my first set of mudders and put them under my not lifted car. . . :lol:

This is the most asked question. There may not be pics in the FAQ, but there are 100 threads about it.

delete the part in the FAQ about "asking other folks".....it obviously was taken wrong. i meant by looking around, and finding peeps that had done it already.. then PM'ing them.....:lol:see, i try to be nice , and look what happens...........************..

cheers, brian

Edited by monstaru

I have two sets of 185/80 13's on my RX. They fit just fine. All-trax winter radials. One set is studded, the other not. I could get Toyo racing tires in a 205/60 13, but they are $$$

+1 for those tires. Rockin' the exact same ones, without studs. About an inch bigger than stock. Been a great tire so far! 5,000 miles and hardly any wear...

+1 for those tires. Rockin' the exact same ones, without studs. About an inch bigger than stock. Been a great tire so far! 5,000 miles and hardly any wear...

Problem is it is VERY hard to find that size anymore.

lots of 165/80 and 175/70 and some 185/70.

But I haven't been able to find a new set of 185/80/13 in the last few years.

Problem is it is VERY hard to find that size anymore.

lots of 165/80 and 175/70 and some 185/70.

But I haven't been able to find a new set of 185/80/13 in the last few years.

Picked mine up in October from Les Schwab. A family friend that works for Les Schwab said the tires should still be around for him to order… But that was in October. I agree they are getting hard to find, I had to call around to a bunch of different places, and someone on here mentioned to call the Les Schwab in fife, and they had a set. Don't know if was luck or timing, but I managed to get them within the last six months or so. They are about an inch taller than the stock one. I like them alot so far!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i just put some 225/70-14 open country A/T on pug wheels on my 84 GL wagon (EA81). they rub slightly need to trim a little more off the front edge of the front fender, they rub under hard braking and hard cornering.

i haven't taken them offroading yet to see how they do but the are a 26.6 dia. and 8.9 wide.

BTW my wagon has no kift but the suspension cranked by the factory means. i had 215/70-14 blizzaks on before and they we're 26.10d x 8.70w.

i will try and get some pics posted up here soon, they sure fill the fender wells though. :lol: