Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

I don't know where or why you keep saying I have a fuel light. There was not a light displayed in the pictures.

I would go by milage for my next fill up, 170 miles is about 6 or 7 gals. I never had the fuel light come on in this car.

I took only the Outback fuel gauge as I thought mine was dead.

my 95 legacy had a low fuel light.. matter of fact I saw it many of times heh it wont come on until it a little under the empty line..

my current outback it comes on much sooner then the 95

Hmm. . . Makes me think I do have one, just burned out bulb or blown fuse... but everything else seems to work fine...

I don't know where or why you keep saying I have a fuel light. There was not a light displayed in the pictures.

TW.jpg

I thought it was a little LED or tiny bulb.

But then I saw there's the same little button symetrically on top, next to the "F"

could be true.. I remember when I had my 95 impreza the needle would float so much.. anything under 1/4 a tank it would float under empty and it never had a light..

My guage is horribly inaccurate (again). I go like 50 miles for the first 1/4 tank, but by the time I fill up (with 11 gals, i.e. only 3/4 tank) I've gone 330 miles...

I dunno, shrug...

and that is why you need to figure out your fuel mileage like i explained to you...USE that trip meter!! once you have done it a few times you wont really look at the darn guage anymore, all you need to do is check your trip meter to see how many miles you have gone, and you will know when you need to fill up. :rolleyes:

guage in my car only works correctly when it is either damp or cold out (or both) warm dry weather it gets weird...I do NOT rely on it, i rely on the trip meter. (god forbid my speedo breaks!! LOL)

reset to zero when you fill up and dont touch it again until next fill up.

make note of # of miles driven, and how many gallons at next fill up, reset to zero again - repeat each time you fill up. like i said - you wont even look at the guage after a while. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I snagged these from the Junkyard along with some switches from a first gen Legacy, all for $50! These came out of a Outback Sport that was in a head-on collision. I also took the key from the OBS, and it works perfectly in my EA82, now I FINALLY have a genuine key for it! :banana:

TWanus006.jpg

TWanus007.jpg

TWanus008.jpg

TWanus002.jpg

TWanus016.jpg

TWanus024.jpg

TWanus027.jpg

TWanus019.jpg

TWanus032.jpg

TWanus035.jpg

TWanus025.jpg

Sweet lol still not feeling the uv bulbs.. maybe they look better in person cameras are picky about that color spectrum.

I can't wait until I'm done body wise and engine wise so I can put my ham radio gear in my car.. I want one with a remote head but these cars have like no space in the front for the display.. I might velcrow it but I'd have to see.

*edit

the gauge needles would look cool with some uv reactive coating of some type on it.

The gauge needles would look cool with some uv reactive coating of some type on it.

If you know of something, I would do it! I was hoping since the needles are white, that it would have made them glow a little or something.

Yeah, the pictures don't do it justice thats for sure. Maybe in action video it would look better?

If you know of something, I would do it! I was hoping since the needles are white, that it would have made them glow a little or something.

Yeah, the pictures don't do it justice thats for sure. Maybe in action video it would look better?

maybe but cameras are picky with anything UV

I was thinking more like this.. I just could not think of the name earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_paint

maybe but cameras are picky with anything UV

I was thinking more like this.. I just could not think of the name earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminous_paint

No doubt, I know this woman who does this really really cool paint effect, she engraves pictures into the paint and when the sun hits it, it really shows off the effect, pictures can't capture that either :rolleyes: She also does it with glass, its so far-out!

I will have to find some type of stuff like that, Now you got me wanting to do that!

No doubt, I know this woman who does this really really cool paint effect, she engraves pictures into the paint and when the sun hits it, it really shows off the effect, pictures can't capture that either :rolleyes: She also does it with glass, its so far-out!

I will have to find some type of stuff like that, Now you got me wanting to do that!

haha funny thing is when I was little I went into a place like that and man now I look back on that it's so trippy lol.

but yeah look into that I think it will pickup the look of it

aw, gee thanks Tom. :)

here ya go...they even have it in white...little pricy tho

http://www.starlight.com/blkpaint.html

this one is a little cheaper, but no white...

http://www.blacklightworld.com/glow%20paint.htm