Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

was it a AAA tow guy?

Well I called AAA to get a tow so I guess you can say so.. mind you it was like friken 19F out that night and where I was lucky for me they had a 24 hr laundromat.

I had dress shoes on and I had some killer frostbite.

after the first time, i learned to say flatbed about 30 times on the phone with the guys.

although we have AAA, and since then, they havent had an issue, they hear subaru and automatically send a flatbed. atleast around here they do.

Its hard to tell, It needs to push down and back a little as there is no gap between the hood and grill.

Hmm trying to picture this.. I just had a little time getting my grill to fit due to the last owner hitting something on both sides.. the passenger side was the worst.. the bolt for the light that's near the inner part was really off like 3/4" away from the hole. took the BFH and hammered it sideways and bent the radiator support a little to get it to fit.

after the first time, i learned to say flatbed about 30 times on the phone with the guys.

although we have AAA, and since then, they havent had an issue, they hear subaru and automatically send a flatbed. atleast around here they do.

I think it might of been because I was like my car wont start they figured I was out of gas..

Speaking of that I still have that fuel pump in my box.. I sat it in the house for a few hours and I plugged it up and it worked :-/ right after I ordered the new one.. but it was ok.

What are you talking about? Didn't anyone tell you that Spatz were the new Tundra hiker boot...? ;)

lol that was one night I will never forget it was damn near 12 or 1 AM when i got home.

well.. saves time. AAA is like $100/yr and much less than a truck and a trailer. and they'll tow the car up to 100 miles to where i want if needed. Doesnt even have to be my car, i just have to have been in it. :banana:

yeah I got AAA plus saved my rump roast when my clutch cable broke in NJ oh man but we saw a cool skyline on the way back home.. it sucks for tolls you have to pay for the truck and my car :-/

well.. saves time. AAA is like $100/yr and much less than a truck and a trailer. and they'll tow the car up to 100 miles to where i want if needed. Doesnt even have to be my car, i just have to have been in it. :banana:

Believe me, having a 3/4ton truck with an 8ft bed always comes in handy. Just took a tree down and to Jon's last weekend.

I love the fact that a Dodge 5.9 360 gets way better gas milage then a 2.2 Flat-4.

That grille will fit between the headlights just fine, but will NOT fit with that bumper. The Outback and GT style grilles need their own style bumper as the grille itself is taller, and needs the cut out in the bumper for it. So if you changed to an Outback or GT style front bumper, the grille would slip right on.

Edited by bratman18

fuel economy.gov lists a dodge 5.9 at 13mpg. if you are getting that low on your soob.. is there a puddle under the car? LOL.

maybe the fuel pump regulator is dumping too much fuel in as suspected.

what if you put the little 5psi fuel regulators on the fuel lines? it'd be double regulated! or 1.5x regulated since the FPR is possibly acting up.

lol better late then never.. went to put my heads back on this morning and here is a good shot.

IMAG0823.jpg

Yeah thanks, this POS is to the point wheres its almost un-drivable trying to keep it running. Went to my bud Jon's house today with it, we went to the junkyard and it stalled, and coming back tonight it ran the worst its ever been, stalled twice and I blew thru stop signs trying to keep it running.

I am looking at getting, MAF, MAP, and an FPR, between Jon, Lynn (His dad) Me and my dad, we are thinking its one of these things.

I also need to get new plugs now since they are fouled to the hilt.

Fox, you want a Trashwagon so bad? Come buy this one for $2,500 as is with everything. If you thought the Brighton was worth $2,500 then you know this one is...

dude! fox didnt even post in this thread.

and you said you had $1500 in it. now $2500?

if all those sensors are going, do you think maybe its an electrical problem? is the alternator doin its thing? battery good?

Dude! I know Fox hasn't posted in this thread yet, but I assure you, he is lurking (Just wait)

As for the $2,500 jump, why not? Thats what Fox got for that red Brighton, so if he thinks that car was worth that, then for sure this car is.

I'm not even sure if any of these sensors have failed, I am going with pretty much everything that controls Air/Fuel mixtures and allowance of fuel. There is no doubt this car is being fed way to much fuel, the plugs are black, the MPG has probably gone down to 10mpg as of today as Jon and I both know. The system keeps flooding its self out.

My car has a sluggish oxygen sensor but has not thrown a code yet.. matter of fact the car will only hesitate after it's warmed up and never when it's cold.

I would also suspect O2 sensor....

took a while for mine to throw a code as well - and when it finally did, the car was running like absolute crap! undrivable crap....

would be fine for about the first 10, maybe 15 minutes then bam - would start choking, coughing, bucking and just generally having hissy fits.

New Bosch O2 sensor and we were golden once again, and fuel mileage increased as well....

prior to it going out i got around 28.5 mpg on the freeway - after new one installed i was breaking over 30 mpg on the freeway. :banana: