Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

I have to check my phone because I logged data when I drove the car out to MI.. granted I kept the car at 60 mph the whole way..

lets see.. the best I got with the car was 30.2 MPG and the lowest was 18 MPG the Avg is 24

snap20110822_134412-1.png

snap20110822_134359-1.png

snap20110822_134445.png

snap20110822_134456.png

Washed the car

IMAG0852.jpg

Edited by 1-3-2-4

The plan for this car now, is to get it running perfect again (via new MAF) wait till I find a 5spd EA82 on craigslist that isn't a complete POS, look at it, buy it, then sell the Legacy for $2,500 as is, or $2,000 without the 16" wheels as they are spoken for.

Replacing Cam and Crank seals friday, I may or may not replace the oil pump seal (Might as well since I have it)

Then it's a matter of Oil pan and Oil separator needing a reseal, which I am not going to do as I plan to be rid of this car before the end of this year (Seeing if I can find an EA82)

Fox, you want a Trashwagon so bad? Come buy this one for $2,500 as is with everything. If you thought the Brighton was worth $2,500 then you know this one is...

Sorry, i have had enough of them. I am junking/clearing out of most of my stuff, just keeping the 3door.

I have a MAF and a few miscellany from first and 2nd gen legacy. Come get it before i throw it out!

I still believe the exhaust setup in combo with auto trans and big wheels is sucking the performance. But then again, its a 250,000 mile car.

The plan for this car now, is to get it running perfect again (via new MAF) wait till I find a 5spd EA82 on craigslist that isn't a complete POS, look at it, buy it, then sell the Legacy for $2,500 as is, or $2,000 without the 16" wheels as they are spoken for.

5sd dual range: original to 88 gl wagon. comes with driveshaft/flywheel/clutch/trans mount/pedl box/blue/grey console plate. $150 takes it all, local pick-up

Do you want rear disc brakes? i have parts for both 4 and 5 lug(rotor and caliper is the same, backing plates are different.

$50 bucks come and get, a steal for that price!

take the trans and discs for $200, and pick some bonus parts to take along with.

i guess, if you are looking to sell it to someone looking to get out of a riced out civic. You should have atleast kept the paint colors in theme with the cars paint job, ie, orange or white valve covers.

for the majority of people. the best bet would be to put the plastic covers back on. and i dont need an explanation of why its easier to have them off. i know.

just sayin..:grin:

Edited by xbeerd

Let me asking you a question, whats wrong with paintingvalve covers, sprockets etc... A different color then the rest of the vehicle? Ever seen Gyro-choppers, those guys paint all kinds of stuff on the motor, so whats the difference if its in a car?

I will not get into another debate about what is "Ricer" with you, I really will not.

Its the same principle as having a Red EA81 with a Blue air cleaner box and Valve covers. It dresses up the engine bay.

i never said i thought that looked good.

i also never said it was gay to paint ************ on the motor, i just said i would have perosnally kept it in theme with the cars exterior paint job. thats all.

my subscription to Gyrochopper Illustrated ran out.:eek: [/debate]

Edited by xbeerd

What is going on in this forum? It's spinning out of control and getting kind of pissy.

Actually, I used to like reading TheLoyales threads on his cars, but seems that has been his attitude for a while now....................Dunno what happened, but definitely not the same.

Actually, I used to like reading TheLoyales threads on his cars, but seems that has been his attitude for a while now....................Dunno what happened, but definitely not the same.

Then don't read it, I really don't care. The point is, they contain info and will remain there for others looking for knowledge and ideas.

in other news, Jboy and I did cam and crank seals today on TW10. Only took about an hour of real work, most of the time was spent waiting for paint to dry and looking at Craigslist Subarus.

I am wondering if I had set the timing off a tooth when I first did the timing belt, as now feels like it has stronger acceleration, also, the exhaust note has changed some.

Makes me wonder, Jon, whats your take on this?

Then don't read it, I really don't care. The point is, they contain info and will remain there for others looking for knowledge and ideas.

All I'm saying is it seems like you have a bad attitude about everything now. Just hope all is good, and hoping things get better if it isn't!! Keep up the work on your cars, and good to hear that this one is running good again.