Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

• Please log in to reply
1300 replies to this topic

#826 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

Safariwagon: The Legend

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Made a call to Adam who owns the Land Cruiser, waiting to hear back on when I can take a look at it.

#827 jboymechanic

jboymechanic

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Waterford, WI

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

I just sold "old greenie" tonight, wonder what I'll have next. Hoping to look at that 2000 up in Brookfield with the blown head gasket, might have to revive another.

#828 jboymechanic

jboymechanic

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Waterford, WI

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

in other news, Jboy and I did cam and crank seals today on TW10. Only took about an hour of real work, most of the time was spent waiting for paint to dry and looking at Craigslist Subarus.

I am wondering if I had set the timing off a tooth when I first did the timing belt, as now feels like it has stronger acceleration, also, the exhaust note has changed some.

Makes me wonder, Jon, whats your take on this?

Not sure, your timing may have been off, but I didn't ride in the car after we did the job. Maybe removing the timing cover had something to do with it, it did have wear marks in it from the pulleys and belt, maybe the belt jumped a tooth at one point?

#829 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

Awesome you sold greenie! Yeah, i think you should jump on that 2000 Outback, just really check it over before you buy it, I will help you with the reseal and make it into a "Flip" car if you want. I bet anything that you could get $4,000 easy with that car.

I'm hoping these people with the Toyota call back, needless to say I already have plans for it if I get it (Since there is sooo much aftermarket offroad for these vehicles)

#830 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

If I am able to come onto this 80-Series, This is whats in store!

Posted Image

#831 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

WileE Coyote Super Genius

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Nice, but fuel mpg doesnt bother you.

#832 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

Nice, but fuel mpg doesnt bother you.

Specs show 11city/13hwy, But I don't think thats accurate, its a 4.5L FI Straight-6.

No, fuel consumption doesn't bother me. Do you think someone with a '68 Chevelle care about milage? Nope! Cause its cool, and thats ALL that matters.

;)

#833 cmill189

cmill189

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

From what I remember about someone that had one, 11mpg was good for stock. They are full time 4wd and 6k+ lbs.

Those are awesome 4wd's in stock form too; solid front and rear axles, offset rear diff, and some had full floating rear axles.

#834 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:08 AM

Specs show 11city/13hwy, But I don't think thats accurate, its a 4.5L FI Straight-6.

No, fuel consumption doesn't bother me. Do you think someone with a '68 Chevelle care about milage? Nope! Cause its cool, and thats ALL that matters.

;)

Now tom, your starting to sound like the self righteous suv people. Unless your rich, mpg hirts.

#835 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:33 AM

From what I remember about someone that had one, 11mpg was good for stock. They are full time 4wd and 6k+ lbs.

Those are awesome 4wd's in stock form too; solid front and rear axles, offset rear diff, and some had full floating rear axles.

I didn't know it had an offset rear diff, thats pretty cool! What does it have for suspension, 4-link?

Need to drop some portal axles under it for maximum clearance! ;)

#836 jboymechanic

jboymechanic

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Waterford, WI

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

4.5 liters is big regardless of engine configuration, it's gonna suck filling it up. I get about 12 to 14 with my 1998 Dodge Ram 4x4 and I HATE filling that thing up, takes close to $100. That's 1/15 of what I paid for my Brighton each time I fill up!

#837 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:28 PM

Yeah its gonna suck more to fill it up, but then again, I came from full size Chevys, so I'm used to it.

At least I ain't buying a Hummer ;)

#838 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

This might just be the final chapter of Trashwagon10, I step down, take a bow, and say goodnight as I move onto a '92 Land Cruiser.

It has been a good run with TW10, but it will soon be over.

#839 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Moab

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

If I am able to come onto this 80-Series, This is whats in store!

Posted Image

NICE, my friend loves his 96
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This might just be the final chapter of Trashwagon10, I step down, take a bow, and say goodnight as I move onto a '92 Land Cruiser.

Say it ain't so :(. . .

;)

Edited by superu, 17 September 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#840 xbeerd

xbeerd

dookin'

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  • Milwaukee, WI

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:37 AM

is dude gonna take it as trade +cash?

#841 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

is dude gonna take it as trade +cash?

Yeah, right... ;)

No, I bought it straight up for $3,900 including Tax/title. This thing is sooo rock solid, no rust, runs great, has tons of power an torque, way better then the Legacy!

This vehicle was from Missouri :)

Posted Image

Edited by TheLoyale, 02 September 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#842 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

Note to self for future reference.

80s produced between 1990 and 1991 had an open centre differential which was lockable in 4HI and automatically locked in 4LO. From 1992 onward, vehicles with anti-lock brakes had a viscous coupling that sent a maximum of 30% torque to the non-slipping axle. The differential was lockable in 4HI and automatically locked in 4LO.

#843 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

• Members
  • 2,943 posts
  • West Des Moines, IA

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:17 AM

Im happy yet sad for you at the same time. Again looks great and probally runs great. But no one enjoys 13mpg, ask me how i know. Does this have a 6 or an 8. I thought i read the 6s had HG problems.

#844 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

Im happy yet sad for you at the same time. Again looks great and probally runs great. But no one enjoys 13mpg, ask me how i know. Does this have a 6 or an 8. I thought i read the 6s had HG problems.

It gets better milage then that, I'm sure. Its a 20gal tank, I had it a little over half when I bought it, drove it home (60 miles) and its just a little under half now.

Its a 3F-E Straight-6.

#845 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

Land Cruiser Build Thread:
http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=125981

#846 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

I am not selling the Legacy now, I am going to Store the EA82 during winter (3 months or so) keep all of them on my insurance (See what that will cost) and drive the Legacy and LandCruiser during winter, come spring time, I will have all 3 at my house again.

Jon, the Hitch is still yours (If you were wondering) I also need to talk to you about "Sto-age" talk to you Sunday unless ya PM me. :lol:

#847 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Jboy now has the U-haul hitch installed on his '96 Brighton along with the Drawbar and 2" ball.

Enjoy! It has served me well.

#848 1-3-2-4

1-3-2-4

Subaru Mike!

• Members
  • 3,695 posts
  • Greenwich

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

good to see it lives on but you jinxed me now lol I just estimated that I'm getting around 11-15 MPG now in part to my oxygen sensor has really gone to ************ now and my 2 exhaust studs fell out on the passenger side which creates a huge leak.

I'm going to get the studs tomorrow along with the single gasket and ordering the oxygen sensor and a new dryer for the AC.

#849 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Moab

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, right... ;)

No, I bought it straight up for $3,900 including Tax/title. This thing is sooo rock solid, no rust, runs great, has tons of power an torque, way better then the Legacy!

This vehicle was from Missouri :)

Posted Image

I like the pump on the tire ;)

#850 TheLoyale

TheLoyale

• Members
  • 6,710 posts
  • Waukesha, WI

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

It adds class ;)

Jon, I now have a newer rear hatch handle assy! Works like new now, took it off that Silver Outback down at Al's (Norm said $10)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users