Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

Haha my phone was pretty much dead looking at this makes me want to go glossy for a repaint black.. And speaking of black I'm sure you saw my wheels on my car right?

I'm thinking of painting them black what do you think? it's for my winter set and to be honest I think it would look better then what they look like now guessing that these are alloy wheels? they are like flaking or pitting or whatever.

nah they look like this

http://www.trademark-auto.com/1997%20Subaru%20Legacy%20Outback.jpg

I should take a picture of the wheel tomorrow and I bet you would be like paint those quick!!

and as for body paint I don't need the flakes glossy is good enough I dunno still up in the air..

what would be really cool also is a glossy gunmetal color I'm between those two colors.

Yes. GT wheels. These were used on the Turbo Sedans and Wagons of the First gen Legacy.

nah they look like this

http://www.trademark-auto.com/1997%20Subaru%20Legacy%20Outback.jpg

I should take a picture of the wheel tomorrow and I bet you would be like paint those quick!!

and as for body paint I don't need the flakes glossy is good enough I dunno still up in the air..

what would be really cool also is a glossy gunmetal color I'm between those two colors.

When you said GT wheels I was thinking this..

http://www.weatherwarrior.net/chaser/vehicle/LegacyGT/IMG_7096web.jpg

Those came on my car. Yes, 16". They look great, but never use them in the winter! Though they're called snowflakes, clearing snow out of them is damn near impossible. You have to shove your hand in between each of those spokes to get them cleared... Not nearly as bad as 14" pugs, but still a pain.

Those came on my car. Yes, 16". They look great, but never use them in the winter! Though they're called snowflakes, clearing snow out of them is damn near impossible. You have to shove your hand in between each of those spokes to get them cleared... Not nearly as bad as 14" pugs, but still a pain.

I was never a fan of them style wise and snow-wise as you describe.. I still got my summer wheels sitting in the livingroom I really need to power coat them and I'm going to try and get them done sometime in December.

But yeah I think I'm going to paint the stock wheels flat or semi-gloss black.

That way I can get a little idea on how black would look on the car.

I need to find a 16" steel wheel because the summer wheels are 16's and I have a brand new 16" full size as a spare.

• 2 weeks later...
Had to replace a leaking Fuel Filer Tube, I found a rust free one off a '96 Impreza. 20 min to install, no more dripping!

The elbow had a pin hole in it due to rust.

I need to do mine too I wonder how many gallons I've wasted on the ground filling up.. I've almost put 300 gallons in my car since May

That doesn't make any sense... what are you talking about?

I haven't seen any incriminating posts from you... You should keep an update of these somewhere else though. I enjoy your project threads.

Edited by 987687

That doesn't make any sense... what are you talking about?

I made the mistake of speaking up (And having a voice) on how strict the USMB has gotten, and got shunned for it by Qman and McBrat.

I dunno, I remember a year ago, the USMB was better.

TheLoyale

I remember a time when the USMB wasn't so strict, I've gotten 3 infractions in the past few months. And I'll probably get another for this.

Just saying, when did USMB fall under dictation? Dirtyimpreza isn't even as strict.

Qman

Check this out... had this been a nazi site you would have been shot and probably killed for your comments. Second, this is not a fredom site. This is a paid site that is open to membership by the site administer. Any more outburst like this will result in a life time ban. There will be no second chances. We will not put up with this type of behaviour or comments.

Thanks for your time!

McBrat

that was a time whe there were a lot less members, and less conflicting opinions that lead to people to not following the rules. just like I tell my son. "If you follow the rules, then I don't have to enforce them."

USMB is not a dictatorship...

Edited by TheLoyale

A little strict isn't necessarily a bad thing. There's been some arseholery lately about people not liking each other's builds, etc. So some of that getting cracked down on wouldn't be a bad thing.

I wish people could shut up if they don't like someone's build and let live, instead of :Flame:

A little strict isn't necessarily a bad thing. There's been some arseholery lately about people not liking each other's builds, etc. So some of that getting cracked down on wouldn't be a bad thing.

I wish people could shut up if they don't like someone's build and let live, instead of :Flame:

That was not the case, the case was, the Mods removing positive posts in the (New T-shirt design thread) because they did not want feedback.

I'm sorry, but, without feed back from your members, how do you know if you're making a shirt we are going to want? There were no bad comments posted or removed from that thread.

This thread (The longest running thread in the new gen forum) will probably be "Closed" since there is now Off-topic posting going on in here on a subject that the Mods and Admin do not like.

But whatever, this IS the Trashwagon thread, I will not step back into the crowd without having my views expressed.

I made the mistake of speaking up on how strict the USMB has gotten, and got shunned for it by Qman and McBrat.

I dunno, I remember a year ago, the USMB was better.

Copy that! Things have changed here in the last 5 years or so. . .probably more like the last 3 or so.

I had an 8 points infraction for

No Relevant Information or answer provided.

So it goes I guess...

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely!" as it has been said.

I've always wondered how folks who've been here half the time I have have 3K posts. . . . .

At any rate, keep up the awesomeness of the trashwagon thread and keep on keepin' on!!

At least I know I'm not alone.

Will do, Trashwagon isn't going anyway, this thread is to huge to be "Removed"

I guess an actual update would be, I am looking at getting '98-'99 Outback 2 piece Headlights (For the better reflector design) and then looking at getting a Duel Resonated Mid-pipe and possibly a muffler (Like the Impreza guys run) to finish it off.

If I am correct, the Duel Resonated mid-pipe will increase rumble and depth (Make it more lumpy sounding?)

I am also wondering if I am "Losing" power with not having a muffler on this, to little back pressure maybe? This is a fully stock exhaust with an UEL and no muffler, but instead a 12" 2.5 pipe in its place.