Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

I don't think the rear got the wood trim. I really don't think my limited has it, although, I never ride in the back seat and haven't seen the car for a while.

Yes, Limited and GT have the wood trim on all four doors along with center console.

I should know, I have all but one piece.

Yes, Limited and GT have the wood trim on all four doors along with center console.

I should know, I have all but one piece.

Hmm, interesting. Maybe someone messed with the rear doors in my car at some point. Or maybe I just don't remember it has the wood trim... The car is 1100 miles away with a seized engine.

I've always wondered how post counts like that are even possible. . . . :clap:

but well done, however it's done ;)

you have to post 2.31 times per day.

• Total Posts: 4,004
  • Posts Per Day: 2.31

My post count of 8,000 is low for how long i have been here.

• Total Posts: 8,084
  • Posts Per Day: 2.11

you have to post 2.31 times per day.

• Total Posts: 4,004
  • Posts Per Day: 2.31

My post count of 8,000 is low for how long i have been here.

• Total Posts: 8,084
  • Posts Per Day: 2.11

Yup, that's a lot a postin'! nice work!

checkit!

MY post count is LOW for how long I've been here... @ .24/day ;)

Two large Build Threads will increase your post count.

So seeing that your post count is just 5 now, what two cars are you going to build up next? :D

For those that are interested,

Any EA82 skid plate will indeed bolt right up to the EJ chassis. I also want to say that the EA81 plates will bolt up as well (Might be a little shorter?)

That's interesting news! Do you happen to have a picture?

i thought you had to slightly modify the holes in the skid plate no?

so they couldnt fix your old screenname? thats a bummer. :confused:

here is how it looks on a 05 Impreza wagon. now i remember. Steve had to drill holes in that sub frame to mount it to. thats what it was.

SkidPlate_1.jpg

Edited by xbeerd

Having taken a closer look at both plates today, Scott, that is correct. But with the '90-'99 Legacy/Outback, there is no removable sub-frame like Steve's Imp. There are holes on the bottom of the rad support on my generation.

Indeed, you would need to drill two new holes for the front of the plate. Still simple and well worth it.

i thought you had to slightly modify the holes in the skid plate no?

so they couldnt fix your old screenname? thats a bummer. :confused:

here is how it looks on a 05 Impreza wagon. now i remember. Steve had to drill holes in that sub frame to mount it to. thats what it was.

SkidPlate_1.jpg

Now comes another issue, If you are running an UEL header, you will need to space down the plate so far that it is pointless. Suppose I could notch a section of the plate off to compensate the header.

yeah, i knew there wasnt a subframe on the leg's, just was showing what it might look like as an example, definately a simple reacharound to get the EA plate on it.

i second that on the UEL header skid plate spacing. especially if you dropped your engine cross member with a lift. i had to extend the front bolts like 2", as well as add a 3" block in the back of it to clear on my loyale (i know not a legacy but same general idea). might as well just make a custom plate. LOL!

Having taken a closer look at both plates today, Scott, that is correct. But with the '90-'99 Legacy/Outback, there is no removable sub-frame like Steve's Imp. There are holes on the bottom of the rad support on my generation.

Indeed, you would need to drill two new holes for the front of the plate. Still simple and well worth it.

Now comes another issue, If you are running an UEL header, you will need to space down the plate so far that it is pointless. Suppose I could notch a section of the plate off to compensate the header.