Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

Account has been fixed. Somehow my password was altered (And was waiting for conformation from an email account which doesn't exist)

I'll second the one-off skid plate.

I changed the email on the Safariwagon account to another of mine, just haven't gotten on to accept the change.

Just when you thought it was over, something else will be fitted onto this rig. Ordered a Set of true Outback headlights from another member for $95 shipped, and also pocketed the 9004 harness connector from the junkyard, that is needed for the swap.

I prefer the two piece design, as they use a better reflector style and will project light much better then the Single piece design. Brighter is better.

Next step will be to get 9004 6000k HID bulbs for the swap so I'm not running Halogens again.

Also, having matched up both bulbs, the 9004 (EA82) and 9007 (Outback) bulb designs are identical and work in either or.

They are similar, but shouldn't be identical. The keying should prevent them from being used in the other type of headlight, and even if you *could* swap them, the headlight optics wouldn't work as designed because the bulb filaments are in a different orientation.

My guess would be that Subaru switched because the 9007's are brighter.

More info:

http://candlepowerinc.com/pdfs/9004_9007.pdf

Ah, I will have to take better note of the two then as I didn't notice the different keying.

I can't wait to get the new housings, since the Outback style has a much better reflector and lense design. I am gonna run 35w 6000k HIDs in place of the standard bulbs as I've done on all my vehicles.

New UEL Exhaust Manifold: For EJ25, but works with Duel Port EJ22.

2010_0605Test0001.jpg

did you notice any gain from the UEL Manifold ?

I was looking at getting one of these for my Outback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-2005-Subaru-Impreza-RS-Legacy-GT-2-5-Exhaust-Headers-/290649221269?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru%7CSubmodel%3AOutback%7CYear%3A1997&hash=item43ac0b2895

did you notice any gain from the UEL Manifold ?

Little more low end torque, and a nice sound.

and does it bolt up to the first cat's manifold location or do you have to do some custom work to fit the rest of the exhaust or get custom header-back exhaust??

I too go back and forth on weather or not a header is worth it. More low end torque would be a good thing.