Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

Scott, I know - just breakin' ur balls.. Bada bing!

The GSR did look pretty good, no neon window sqiurters! :lol:

I bought a Cherrybomb Turbo muffler some time ago for the EA82 but never used it. And I ain't gonna bother with it on the Legacy either (You want it for $20?) its a $50 muffler (2" ID, OD) stick it on the Outback :grin:

New pics!

2010_0602Test0002.jpg

2010_0602Test0004.jpg

2010_0602Test0007.jpg

2010_0602Test0008.jpg

2010_0602Test0010.jpg

I bought a Cherrybomb Turbo muffler some time ago for the EA82 but never used it. And I ain't gonna bother with it on the Legacy either (You want it for $20?) its a $50 muffler (2" ID, OD) stick it on the Outback :grin:

Boy, you got ripped! I only paid $22 + tax for mine @ Fleet Farm!!

Nice heavy duty oval can, 2" ID on either end - one side is offset, one side centered - can be mounted either direction, depending on your needs. Just enough rumble to sound good, but not so much that your ears start ringing on a longer trip :lol: Gotta love them Cherry Bomb's!!

Little dark for me, but yeah it does keep the interior cooler. Looks good with the red.

Tried the 30% on Hildy - it wasnt really dark enough for me, but it was ok. Decided this time I am going all the way with it - full on, heat reflective, 5% Limo tint! :banana:

Big difference between Blain's Farm & Fleet and Mill's Fleet Farm - the latter is the better of the two. They used to sell cheapo junk mufflers with only a few of the Cherry Bomb glasspaks in stock - but this year they have made the switch over to almost all Cherry Bomb products - even the clamps & misc fittings have the CB logo - and a much better selection of mufflers now.

I've never been to Fleet Farm, theres one out in Germantown by 45.

Ben, I don't think it'll "hurt" the resale of it - as no ones gonna know its been repainted. It matches the seats now :) Plus before there way to much black, the interior feels more open and lighter now :banana:

5% Limo Black

Looks good, ya'll.. now you need the cargo liner too ;)

I'm here to say, limo black and night driving = not the best combo ;)

Back in my muscle car, high school days, I lmo tinted my 69 dart, all around! Yeah, windows open for night driving in that bad boy :grin: Ooh yeah, with the air shocks in the rear, to rake it up in back, and the flat black, rattle can primer job!! CLASSIC!! :banana:

ooh, that takes me back :rolleyes::lol:

Looks good, ya'll.. now you need the cargo liner too ;)

I'm here to say, limo black and night driving = not the best combo ;)

Back in my muscle car, high school days, I lmo tinted my 69 dart, all around! Yeah, windows open for night driving in that bad boy :grin: Ooh yeah, with the air shocks in the rear, to rake it up in back, and the flat black, rattle can primer job!! CLASSIC!! :banana:

ooh, that takes me back :rolleyes::lol:

hehe - a 69 Dart, huh? yeah, that will take ya back! :lol: my ex-hubby had a 1970 Camaro with the air shocks, and traction bars, when we first met - the traction bars killed that car when the airshocks developed a leak - caught one of them on the lid of an underground fuel tank @ a gas station one day - stretched that car out a couple of inches! :eek: wasnt going very fast, but the darn thing stopped it dead in its tracks with major structural damage.

I do not plan on tinting the front windows (driver door & front passenger) - that would get me a big ticket around here, but the back ones - oh yeah! No different than the factory tinted windows on minivans and the like.

as for visibility at night - thats what the side mirrors are for :grin:

I just used Rust-olium all purpose. Clean the peices with Glass cleaner to remove any oils and then paint'em.

Scott, No.

My dad had a '71 Dart Swinger with the Slant 6. It was Baby blue with black vinal top. Had baby moons with chrome reverse - also had air shocks.

well, technically speaking, my Legacy had air shocks when i got it - Blown! the po was driving it that way! :mad: talk about your lowrider! :lol:

blown air struts got removed and standard coilovers installed - easy-peasy.

will never own another unibody car with air shocks/struts!! kind of hate to say it, but seeing what happened to that poor Camaro...was a sad day. (and i'm not even a chevy fan!)

interesting thread. demonstrates that we all have peculiar interests wrt our cars.

OP has done a terrific job, on the interior especially. it looks great. it is somewhat ironic that it's called the "trashwagon", because it sure looks pristine inside.

the exterior fits the description, primarily from the massive dent.

me, i don't care what my interior looks like, and it shows in my legacy. purely functional vehicle. for that matter, i don't care what the exterior looks like, either. in the 12 years i've owned it, i've never washed the exterior.

keep up the good work on the "outback".

Its a mix between the Trashwagon and the Safariwagon, Trashwagon is a MilesFox thing and the Safariwagon is my thing - So I combined the two and came out with this, a more up scale Trashwagon :)

Thank you for your comments.

-Tom