Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

I don't think it is a cooling issue at all. Remember, this car has a Digi dash, so from what I remember when it had the EA82T, the gauge was always a little hotter then the Analog version.

The Motor is a First gen EJ22 with an OBD-II intake on it, so we shouldn't have any HG issues with this motor. Guess I'll just have to look at everything when I'm up there

Never thought I would travel out of state to get a Subaru.

FYI time, from the Corner of Kenosha, to the corner of Duluth/Superior, the state of WI is 493 miles across.

lol. mine is about 1/4" up from the bottom line, due to the resistor grounding thru the wire on the gauge wire. its a little higher if it gets hot and the fan actually turns on. sometimes i have to test the relay to be sure its working, fan never runs in the cold weather (comes on when the engine hits like 203 deg or something. one time the connector fell and grounded out the opposite side of the resistor, the gauge was pegged on top. i nearly ************, LOL:drunk:

I don't think it is a cooling issue at all. Remember, this car has a Digi dash, so from what I remember when it had the EA82T, the gauge was always a little hotter then the Analog version.

The Motor is a First gen EJ22 with an OBD-II intake on it, so we shouldn't have any HG issues with this motor. Guess I'll just have to look at everything when I'm up there

Never thought I would travel out of state to get a Subaru.

FYI time, from the Corner of Kenosha, to the corner of Duluth/Superior, the state of WI is 493 miles across.

as the crow flies? or via highway?

Guess I didn't read far enough back, to know WTF is going on- Fox bought the TW10...Tom's going where? For what? Not another Toyota I hope...

clifs notes:

Fox picked up the legacy ob from tom, toms pickin up a GL10 from Duluth, the same one that waterford jon bought from NC, with the sweet rump roast front bumper. cept now the ej swap is done.

My dad built a 2500 square foot garage so it's over there. It should be on the road this year (mid summer).

Holy cripes! That's bigger than my house!

Would like to see it done- let me know if UR gonna be at any local shows... + U can see my 86 el crappino. Maybe/hopefully my 68 Van too...

Yeah, i got a good look at it. interesting what the carfax shows, in regards to the tsb's about the tow hooks removed.

I've read about the tow hooks. Something about the airbag system being too sensitive. And if you hit them into a curb while parking it sent the airbags off. So the dealer fixed this by grinding them off.

I've read about the tow hooks. Something about the airbag system being too sensitive. And if you hit them into a curb while parking it sent the airbags off. So the dealer fixed this by grinding them off.

Mine still had them, and I hit them hard a few times (Scott remembers me wheeling up his neighbors steps) haha!

Airbags should be outlawed.

Anyone know if an EJ radiator will fit in an EA82? I am not a fan of the "Hose in a Hose" trick. Plus will an EA82 rad cool an EJ motor properly? Less capacity?

it'll fit but you have to cut out some of the upper radiator support from what i've read. you could just have a radiator shop cut off there bungs and weld the larger bungs on the radiator. i'm gonna go that route when i get the chance, and when they are in there, i'm gonna have the lower radiator hose bung flipped 180degrees

As for the hose in hose, if you gave me some dims I might be able to machine up some aluminum hose adapters on the lathe at work. Can't promise them fast though.

This might be a plan. Not a rush, but a good idea and worth doing! I forgot you can machine some things at work (My R/C brain kicks in)

:brow:

Anyone know if an EJ radiator will fit in an EA82? I am not a fan of the "Hose in a Hose" trick. Plus will an EA82 rad cool an EJ motor properly? Less capacity?

The PandaWagon with it's EJ25 has a new EA82 radiator with two 10" electric pusher fans driven by the EJ ECU via relays. I have had no problems with the engine getting hot while traveling through the desert in the middle of summer:

Outside temp:

6075164033_378bb9fed2_m.jpg

Crickey! It's hot in Vegas! by subynut, on Flickr

Engine temps (top is oil, bottom is coolant):

6075713258_d557b3f301.jpg

Cool a cucumber by subynut, on Flickr

My EA82s with a new two row radiator would be sitting between 225 and 230 in that kind of temp.

The EJ's run MUCH cooler. It was in the lower 90's at SubieFest and even after 3 consecutive AutoX runs, the temps were not even close to those during the drive to WCSS through the Arizona/Nevada desert. As long as the radiator is in good shape, you should have no problems with overheating.

Hi Red92- don't know that we've met.

Where are you at? Milw.? I'm about 20min. N of Tom (in the sticks) -KaraK

Nope, we haven't met. Based on the last few pages, it looks like Wisconsin is slowly taking over the USMB, eh? :brow:

I moved to Madison about mid-summer of last year. icon14.gif