Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

Finally got one side of my JDM headlights done with the LED retrofit.. geez took forever just for the order from Canada to come in.

interesting part is how the JDM and USDM front turn signals work.. JDM is Two wire and USDM is 3 wire.

Looks good, I was going to run LEDs in mine at one point.

you got four tires? just checking.

but that's a pretty good deal for

500 bucks. just the rear left quarter.

it reminds me when i smashed into

a gate last year with my wagon, and it caved in

the hatch but nothing else and when i replaced

it i just popped the new hatch in and it was like

nothing happened.

• 1 month later...

Any thing new with this car? I hear it sporting a complete exhaust now (Cheery bomb with a tail pipe extending out to the bumper) which is kinda what I was gonna do.

Guess I'll have my change for a custom Header and Mid-pipe/Tail on the EA81 :drunk:

Any thing new with this car? I hear it sporting a complete exhaust now (Cheery bomb with a tail pipe extending out to the bumper) which is kinda what I was gonna do.

Guess I'll have my change for a custom Header and Mid-pipe/Tail on the EA81 :drunk:

The alternator failed on it about 3 weeks ago. I suppose it is ok being that it has 245,000 and it is the original alternator. I was able to use a 1st gen alternator, which is different. The one i used was a new reman unit.

I had to make jumper wires to adapt the round plug on the 1st gen to the square plug n the 2nd gen harness. No gutting, just simple spade terminals from radio shack and some wire, that's all. I have been meaning to take pictures and post this as a write-up.

The woman has been driving it for the last 2 weeks since the sterter solenoid is failing in the 94 legacy, leaving her stranded for 5-10 minutwes at a time between deliverites duringt he lunch rush at jimmy lohn's.

For fuel economy, i am thinking of swapping the 14" wheels from the xt onto it, or the 15" forester wheels from the 94.

I may put the at tires it has on the 94 to see if they fit, and to replicate the wheel ratio with the 94 to gauge fuel economy. The legacy is getting 19.5 mpg with no muffler, and 15" wheels. The trashwagon gets about 16 mpg with the cherry bomb mid-center, but no muffler. The 94 is more snappy with throttle/trans response. I think the trashwagon may be delayed with kicking down as the tires are much larger.

I would put the forester wheels on the trashwagon and the 14's on her legacy, but the legacy has dual pot calipers and cannot fit a 14 anymore. Maybe i will swap the dual pots onto the trashwagon.

I am considering swapping my dual range into the trashwagon if i cannot sell the whole package deal as a complete at-mt ea82 swap. I already have it versus trying to find a mt car for parts.

So far she has used no oil. I hadn't checked it at all, and when i did, i was expecting to add some. The trans leaked out the back of the pan and lefy a puddle in the alley when i had it parked for 2 weeks with a dead alternator. The car was parked on unlevel ground. I think it may have been overfull. She drives fine and i did not have to add ATF.

I have a yamaha r6 muffler i want to try and see if that helps fuel economy.

Funny you should say that about the Alt, I was suspecting it to fail at some point, the armature was starting to wine before I did the trans swap.

I don't understand the MPG, that car was always funky even when it sported factory exhaust and proper size wheels.

Great there are no oil leaks! Guess I sealed everything good.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...