Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '95 Legacy: Trashwagon10

TheLoyale

JOHN, This car isn't really nice enough not to paint it up - it has some rust that I would want to paint so I might aswell just paint the entire vehicle.

yet nice enough to put new springs on it.

btw car looks great !

and you do to :lol: j/k

awesome work tho. black FTW !

cant wait to see it with those forester springs !

Edited by SubaruJawn

AWESOME!!

I'm curious too, How does it perform with those headers and the 2.2?

Did you do any other intake mods (like the resonater delete from the fender)?

nice lookin' rig bro!

get some before and after measurements of ground clearance, etc. I'm interested int he front lift from OB struts/springs to OB struts FOR springs (since I haven't gotten my front springs yet ;)

TTFN

The engine performs great with the new header and no muffler, a lot more open feeling, really feel the power if you wind it out in 2nd (Yes its an 4EAT with passing gear)

This car doesn't have Outback struts, it has the Legacy struts/springs. I will get measurements anyway.

Why would I want to remove the resonator from the air box?

Here is a video of what it sounds like. Yes I got it air born in this video (Landing was hard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U1-7l8wDqI

The engine performs great with the new header and no muffler, a lot more open feeling, really feel the power if you wind it out in 2nd (Yes its an 4EAT with passing gear)

That's cool. I was wondering about such big pipe from the manifold out. I was told to keep the "Y" pipe to preserve the backpressure from the manifold through the "Y" pipe, then open it up down stream from the cats (I'd done a cat delete and lost ALL low end, so i put them back on and went 2.25" cat back. . .) I still wonder if I lost some low end with my cat-back exhaust. But i did a few mods at the same time so its tough to tell.

This car doesn't have Outback struts, it has the Legacy struts/springs. I will get measurements anyway.

Right, I remembered that after posting. So you're going to do OB struts AND FOR springs at the same time right?

Why would I want to remove the resonator from the air box?

The intake reonator slows the air coming into the box, therefore slows it all coming into the intake manifold. I've read conflicting info on where to modify on MAF engines and I think the final info from that researcing was to modify the pipe from the MAF to the intake. Clean up the plastic pipe like a cold air intake, but leave the plumbing fore of the MAF... Which would mean leave the intake resonator I guess.. Just pulling that box out of the fender gave my rig a throatier sound and a bit more pep in throttle response...

Maybe do a bunch of research before messing with any of it... I forget where i got the most informative info regarding intake stuff... Possibly from NASIOC of all places... Those kats do a lot of modding and have a lot of into... That was the suggestion for a NA 2.2 motor, modify plumbing b/t MAF and intake manifold...

OR (also what I was thinking of) pull the resonator out of the fender and pipe it to a snorkle!!! :eek::banana::banana::eek:

Just thoughts!

Happy lifting dude!! Nice paint job BTW

Here is a video of what it sounds like. Yes I got it air born in this video (Landing was hard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U1-7l8wDqI

My low-end isn't hurt as the new header is only 1.5" ID. So I still have low-end/take off power, A larger diameter header would allow for more top-end highway power, but you will have little to no low-end (As you said) If I were to hollow out of delete the cats on this car I might gain more power (But might throw more codes?) I still have that P0420 Cat code cause I haven't spaced the O2 sensor back yet.

As for Struts, yep same time. I have the springs but haven't had the cash to order the KYB-GR2 struts. Maybe this coming friday night I can order the Struts!

When I get bored I might look into that Air box thing, Now a Snorkel would be wild!

Finished up the paint today: and if anyone is wondering about the paint scheme, check out www.Trashwagon.com I know MilesFox.

0704001639.jpg

Edited by TheLoyale

I've heard a ton of 2.5RS's with those headers and they don't sound near as good as your Legacy does. My reason for not putting them on my RS I was worried about it sounding raspy with my stock STi catback.

I've got the GR-2's on my Outback as well.

I've heard a ton of 2.5RS's with those headers and they don't sound near as good as your Legacy does. My reason for not putting them on my RS I was worried about it sounding raspy with my stock STi catback.

I've got the GR-2's on my Outback as well.

Maybe its cause you have always ran a muffler? I started out with cutting the muffler off (Big improvement) but then I wanted to have the rumble even more pronounced and see if I could increase engine responce and power so thats why I bought the header. Maybe it also has something to do with the slightly smaller displacement "Duel Port EJ22" Vs. "Duel Port EJ25' Were any Turbos?

Also came back to my STi exhaust being free and I just had to pay for the flange to be made to fit my cat. Plus I knew I wouldn't be keeping the car long.

Wish someone would buy it.:rolleyes:

No ones bought it yet! :rolleyes:

C'mon people, keep this car with the USMB family.

All things being equal - it looks pretty good :grin: Definitely needs that lift & bigger tires tho!

the color scheme isnt exactly my cup of tea (sorry Miles), but if it works for you, so be it.

I'm more with Ben on that one - incognito works for me just fine - and in this neck of the woods - not too many red Legacy's, or OB's, of any vintage - most are white or green, a few silver ones here & there, but red? nope. in a small way, my red 1st gen Lego does stand out...

So, now that its all done and ready to roll - time for a road trip, isnt it?? could really use some help up here!! :lol::grin:

Thanks guys, but really - how's a Red lifted EA82 with roof rack and big tires incognito? Lol.

Well if you need help with stuff, I'll make the trip up there, Marshfeild isn't to far of a drive. :)

Right, but then you got a legacy. With a quote unquote better engine and more reliable auto tranny. I thought you would of gone all out with your loyale then and kept your legacy a DD. Something the cops aren't going to look at again. and again.

I'm not trying to put you down tom, to each there own. I'm just saying with most of the cars i have look not even half as nice as your legacy did before you painted it.

But its fun when the Cops look at you all the time, Haven't gotten pulled over yet :lol:

I read this wrong the first time Lol!

I'm trying to put you down tom, to each there own.

But really, I know Ben. I'm not offended or anything. :grin:

Right, but then you got a legacy. With a quote unquote better engine and more reliable auto tranny. I thought you would of gone all out with your loyale then and kept your legacy a DD. Something the cops aren't going to look at again. and again.

I'm not trying to put you down tom, to each there own. I'm just saying with most of the cars i have look not even half as nice as your legacy did before you painted it.

there aint nothin illegal about paint job...

and besides, in milwaukee/waukesha you are less likely to get ************ed with in that than if you were in a jacked up cavalier with 743" rims (those are HUUUGGGEE rims!) or a busted rump roast ex cop car crown vic or honda

as long as you arent being a douche you're fine. and even sometimes they see the car... overlook your douchebaggery.. and move along because there are PLENTY of other douchebags around.

[threadjack]

in the works

if fox does the 94 leg, xt6. then this would probably up for label Trashwagon13. i like 13.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/FscottF/Lift/TW4.jpg

[/threadjack]

FWIW i wouldnt expect to get ************ed with much.

Edited by xbeerd