Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat red neck trailer?

Thats sick dude.:lol: Never seen that before. Poor brat. Your the :Flame:king!!!! Was the body on that brat that bad not to be saved???? Pretty cool to have a matching trailer.

Ya the brat is all rusted... (Was not a Texas brat like mine...) the floor board was almost completely gone... also the fuel system, brake lines, all the glass, tail lights and everyhitng was busted from vandals... but got lots of good parts of of it. I am going to save the front fender, front suspension and the engine / transmission, also had a good differential i got out of it.

Ya i should have my frame tomorrow. Hopefully will be able to bolt up...

I have the drawing for the frame if anyone needs it...

hopefully it will pull ok and its not a waste of time.:-\

-Daniel

i like to think that it was in a front end crash and he saved what he could from the dreaded crusher :)

Rob.

ya.... This one would have taken a lot of work to make it legal......

and no body can blame Southerners for destroying Subaru's..... There isn't many down here of Gen 1, I have seen three others in like three years... (Doesn't count Todd's Excellent Subaru's)

I am picking up my frame tonight... Going to paint tonight, and then bolt it up tomorrow if i get time.

-Daniel

Ok, got frame almost mounted...

Its a T shaped frame made from 2x2x.25" structural tubing about 6 pounds a LF.

Mounted at the Rear of the Brat to the Trailer hitch mount points with two 12MM stainless bolts.

Mounting at the front to the Front heavy cross member that the differential mounts to. I just have it temp u-bolted so I can drill the angle mount for the front attachment. Should be a good setup... Going to have to stiffen the shocks a lot though... maybe dual shocks???? I am shooting for a 150LB TW empty as when it is loaded, it will actually tend with a lot of loads to lessen the TW by a few pounds...

-Daniel

Pics:

photo042410003.jpg

photo042410002.jpg

photo042410001.jpg

photo042410004.jpg

Looking pretty cool so far.:eek: Hey Im looking for the inner door handle covers and a steering wheel. Can I get them from you if your going to part the front of the brat????? Please let me know.

Yes.

I will check on the inner door handle covers... I know the steering wheel is good.

-Daniel

Yes please let me know if got them and email me price and shipping to FL 33415. My email is tbag1331@yahoo.com. Heres a pic of the steering wheel I have, I hope you have the same kind but the other more sporty one would work too as long as its in GOOD condition. I dont care what color it is as long as its in good shape.

I'll send you some good pics when i get home tonight... I don't know if it will clean up or not...

-Daniel

How about the gas pedal and the rubber hood stoppers(front left and right) under the hood and the pieces that hold the hood arm in place(both pieces, the hold piece that the arm stays in and the clip that holds it in place when not in use)??????

How about the gas pedal and the rubber hood stoppers(front left and right) under the hood and the pieces that hold the hood arm in place(both pieces, the hold piece that the arm stays in and the clip that holds it in place when not in use)??????

I'm very happy with my DIY bump-stop replacements: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107266

As for the gas pedal, if it's the same as for an '81, I might be able to clone mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok the trailer works great....:banana: It is NOT bouncy and pulls great... Brat pulls it great as well... But would not pull with brat in rain with a heavy load..... as the two front tires would have a fun time stopping this....

Hauled a lot of office equipment in it..... its really great...

Picture Attached!

And yes... I need more than two lugs on the wheel.... working on that... need studs...

-Daniel

post-12974-136027642365_thumb.jpg

Edited by danrenfroe2016
fun!