Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Portland Meet and Greet Photos

Ya, Austin got in pretty deep (in the water).

The minute I saw that Honda Accord enter the beach I knew one of us was gonna be pulling him out :rolleyes:

I havnt hosed the car off yet, we were both WAY tired after getting home... it took like 3 hours to drive back to Beaverton from Long Beach (via Highway 4 to Longview to I-5 to Portland)

Fun trip, I just wish the beach woulda been closer :(

well, on the way home it was pouring down rain, so the car kinda got washed off anyways, but when i got home and before bed I took the hose to the car and got it more rinsed....

oddcomp- i rememberd you were in that area, but I had no way of getting ahold of you... I think in the spring or summer, we should have a beach get together (liftgate party bbq or something) at longbeach

Originally posted by GLCraigGT

Hey Mike what happened to going down to Sea Side and taking 26 back home???

It was my bright idea to take 4 instead :rolleyes:

I know when it rains part of 101 can have slides, didnt remember where so I figured 4 would be easier, dont have to worry about rocks and stuff in the road and blowing a tire.

4 just turned out to loop around quite a bit and my headlights suck, so I couldnt get much over 55

Well, I had fun! I am probably weird or something but I was the one who bugged Austin to go. I thought a road trip would be a fun Valentine's Day thing so I kept bugging him till he gave in. It was not really a cheap day but it was definately worth it to me. I kind of wish more people had showed up but I was ok with the people that were there.

Driving in the Pacific Ocean was a blast! When a wave would come we couldn't see because the whole car was covered in water. It was kind of like going through a car wash without all of the brushes and with the car moving. I couldn't have asked for a better Valentine's Day!

And I remember someone saying that the Coast Guard would stop us and ask if we had flotation devices. We actually did have some boat coushins that are also floatation devices in the back of the car so I don't think that would have been a problem! The Coast Guard would have been stumped on excuses to have us get out of the water though! Anyway, I hope that everyone else that went had as much fun as I did!

Yes, someone did in fact mention that Austin was crazy. (Or rather he confirmed it.) Matt Mellon linked me to the pic yesterday, before this was posted (or before I saw this post, anyway).

Now you know why the bottom halves of most older New England Soobs are missing.

You gotta look out drivin in the ocean like that, I was down at ocean shores up here in washington once, and i was driving my friends geo prizm in the surf .. deffinetly not as deep as you were, but I actually got pulled over by the police on the beach and they told me I was driving in "clam beds" after the cop made sure I wasn't wasted he told me that basically they dont give a crap about the clams they just use that as an excuse to pull people over because they get alot of drunk folks out there ...

looks like you had a good time though and thats what counts, we just pressure washed his car off at a car wash and it seemed to do the trick!