Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2010 Forester fog lamp install question!

Not sure where your located in PA however I have installed dozens of foglights in the new foresters ( I work for Subaru) there all pretty straight forward..did you get instructions with the foglight kit?

A: yes, stick a screw driver on the side of it and they should pop right out

B: Yes it is already pre wired the harness for the foglights is taped up out of the way ( you have to remove the little splash shield from under the foglight cutout in the bumper and you should be able to look up there and see the connector ).

C: I'm assuming your talking of the switch on the steering column?. there is one phillips screw holding the lower portion of the steering column trim on, remove that, than you will be able to see two other screws holding on the top portion remove them, the covers snap together a tad also. Unplug the connector for the switch and remove the two tiny phillips screws that secure the switch to the column, pretty much plug and play.

Dont forget to install the relay ;)

Not sure where your located in PA however I have installed dozens of foglights in the new foresters ( I work for Subaru) there all pretty straight forward..did you get instructions with the foglight kit?

A: yes, stick a screw driver on the side of it and they should pop right out

B: Yes it is already pre wired the harness for the foglights is taped up out of the way ( you have to remove the little splash shield from under the foglight cutout in the bumper and you should be able to look up there and see the connector ).

C: I'm assuming your talking of the switch on the steering column?. there is one phillips screw holding the lower portion of the steering column trim on, remove that, than you will be able to see two other screws holding on the top portion remove them, the covers snap together a tad also. Unplug the connector for the switch and remove the two tiny phillips screws that secure the switch to the column, pretty much plug and play.

Dont forget to install the relay ;)

Thank you so much! I'm ordering the kit this week.

No prob. bud, its pretty easy to install, under an hour. They do tell you to remove the lower trim panel under the steering column to install the relay however with delicate hands you can maneuver the relay in there and pop it in without removing the panel... OH, you will need a 10 mm socket and a ratchet , there is one bolt and one clip that holds each foglight in plus to remove the little undershield you have to remove a clip and a bolt...

No prob. bud, its pretty easy to install, under an hour. They do tell you to remove the lower trim panel under the steering column to install the relay however with delicate hands you can maneuver the relay in there and pop it in without removing the panel... OH, you will need a 10 mm socket and a ratchet , there is one bolt and one clip that holds each foglight in plus to remove the little undershield you have to remove a clip and a bolt...

I'm good to go on the 10mm and thanks again!