Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What a great site.

I wish I would have found this site sooner!!! As buy my sign in I am still a TRUE Chevy guy still owning a 87 Monte Carlo SS that I am putting a new motor in and a 98 Chevy full size. I had owned a 88 Justy and sold it. I was given a newer Olds Cierra until it met a dear and totaled it. I then bought my second Honda. I will never own a Honda again both burned oil and had transmission problems and a list of other things. I then bought a 2004 outback for my wife a couple years ago with 30K on it and took her Saturn for a beater car for back and forth to work. I am now getting my dads 99 Forester EJ25 SOHC I had done some work on it when he first got it with about 100K on it. Tune up and set the valves while replacing the timing belt and valve cover gaskets. It had the spark plug holes full of oil. While changing the belt I noticed oil leaking out of the Cam seals so replaced them and all the timing belt bearings. I have now learned that I need to get the Coolant conditioner since reading the posts. He sayed it is still leaking oil though just not as bad. It kind of looks like the head gasket. I was looking at Changing it to a DOHC heads but thanks to this forum found that it was not in my best interest.. I may see how bad it is leaking when I get it and just deck the heads and replace the gaskets. Still have to do some more reading. Thanks for all this GREAT INFO. Just wanted to stop in and say HI.

Edited by Monte SS